anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Do you think this power supply (COOLER MASTER POWER SUPPLY EXTREME SERIES 500W) can support my system ?
here are my spec >
XFX 7750
E5700 Dual Core Processor
G13M-S2L LGA775 Mobo
500gb HDD
400W Chassis/Casing/Tower Case(i dont know what to call it)

I dont know if i ask this question on the right place(section like gpu,cpu,hdd ect.) because im new here and my english are still not good. hope you guys can answer me or suggest the low budget PSU if this PSU are not recommend for my system :) thank you

Solution
D
Any quality 450w power supply will be fine for your system. Coolermaster while they have great cases and CPU coolers are not a company I trust with power supplies. They do have a few specific models that are good but the Extreme Power series is known to be basically crap.

Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec for quality.
D

Deleted member 217926

Any quality 450w power supply will be fine for your system. Coolermaster while they have great cases and CPU coolers are not a company I trust with power supplies. They do have a few specific models that are good but the Extreme Power series is known to be basically crap.

Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec for quality.

Solution

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

thanks for the suggestion, im looking for low budget PSU at my place/country, but most of the PSU they sell are pretty expensive for me to buy for this moment. im looking for low budget around 70$

D

Deleted member 217926

The problem with the Coolermaster is it can't put out it's rated voltage. So treat it like a 400w power supply even though it says it's a 500w power supply. It should run a HD 7750 fine.

anjingliar

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

oh, so i can buy this PSU for awhile? maybe next month will for the new PSU. then gonna sell whole system to buy new pc games :)