Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Community Blog & Call for Community Reporters

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 18, 2010 9:04:29 PM

Hey there friends!

Allow me the privilege of introducing you to the new Tom's Community Blog we have set up on the site at blog.tomshardware.com. This will serve as a venue for telling you all about what we've got cookin' here in the Tom's Community and frequent updates from yours truly.

You'll notice that the first post is a Call for Community Reporters, a new program we are moving forward with to promote quality growth in the forums. If you are interested in becoming a Community Reporter, check out the blog and shoot me an e-mail!

Thanks!
a b à CPUs
August 20, 2010 11:51:22 PM

is this the call for comments thing?

and as for the whole reporting thing, haven't we been doing that? i mean look at "is AMD doomed?" and "is Intel doomed?"

those had all sorts of valuable info mixed in with natural comments but they got deleted

........so...... how is this different from what we have BEEN doing for the past year
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2010 12:04:37 AM

Upendra09 said:
is this the call for comments thing?

I don't think so. This is a new idea of Joe's, while the call for comments thing has been around forever... and nobody yet knows what it is exactly.

Upendra09 said:
and as for the whole reporting thing, haven't we been doing that? i mean look at "is AMD doomed?" and "is Intel doomed?"

those had all sorts of valuable info mixed in with natural comments but they got deleted

........so...... how is this different from what we have BEEN doing for the past year

Well those two threads had very little useful info compared to the general chat about anything and everything. Also, the idea here is to create separate threads, not just post in one thread.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2010 4:11:59 AM

so something like the "AMD Intel general discussion sticky"? except of course, more civilized and focused
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2010 3:07:49 PM

yeah i read the post on the home page too, but i never knew we had a blog

anyway, i would volunteer but i don't have the time nor the expertise to hold an educational, organized thread/post, i can only comment in them at most

sorry
a c 78 à CPUs
September 4, 2010 12:03:30 AM

This is a very interesting concept... I'm debating if this is something I want to do or not. I spend over 3 hours a day on here... so why not write "news" threads??
a c 78 à CPUs
September 7, 2010 4:16:58 PM

Thread is stuck in my "Unread" Thread tab on the right column, so posting to remove it. :D 
a b à CPUs
September 8, 2010 12:11:13 AM

Most likely because a spammer posted and was banned before you got to read their post. I had the same problem :) 
September 19, 2010 6:57:47 PM

stuk in mine too
October 24, 2010 10:01:42 PM

crap! its stuck again
November 25, 2010 1:59:17 AM

great. more spam. whats up with this thread and spam? wtf?
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2010 1:08:19 AM

Not any more :) 
December 6, 2010 2:47:39 PM

This topic has been desticky in top of the forum by Jpishgar
!