Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Display Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2010 10:48:53 PM

Hey All,

I know this site is mostly catered to PC, but I have an Xbox 360 question that I think is somewhat related. I'm trying to find a way to decrease the viewing area of my 23" Acer monitor. When I play FPS games, I feel like 23" is just too big, and that having a smaller area would be easier. However, I can't seem to find a way to make the screen image smaller user the monitor buttons or tweaking the xbox. Any suggestions as to how I can do this or what I am missing? I have an Acer H233H monitor. In the monitor menu there is the option to adjust H.Size and V.Size, which I am assuming is what I want to change, but both of those options are 'greyed' out in that I can't select them. Any help would be great!

More about : monitor display

a c 78 C Monitor
May 13, 2010 2:55:52 AM

Try setting your Xbox 360 to output 720p. If you're connecting it directly to the monitor, the monitor should have a "1:1 mode" or similar to add black bars around the image instead of stretching it in both directions to fill the screen. If you're connecting it through a capture card on your computer, you may be able to do something similar with your video card settings.
m
l
May 13, 2010 4:29:35 AM

Hey, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it did not work. I wasn't able to find anything about 1:1 mode on the monitor menu. I was able to change to 720p though. The monitor menu is utterly basic and really frustrating. Any other tips would be great!
m
l
a c 78 C Monitor
May 13, 2010 2:14:25 PM

Your monitor may not support a 1:1 mode. I have been unsuccessful in finding an online copy of the manual for it, so I can't confirm that. However, you mentioned grayed-out options for H.Size and V.Size. That may be available for a different connection type. What are you currently using to connect your Xbox 360 to this monitor?
m
l
!