Canon V. Nikon superwide zooms

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 16, 2004 7:10:11 PM

Canon has a 10mm to 22mm zoom.
Nikon has a 12mm to 24mm zoom.

Has anyone done a comparison between them? I don't have any SLR gear now,
although I used to have a lot of Nikon stuff. I see a dSLR in my future. I
like using the superwide adapter on my Coolpix camera (19mm equiv). It's
great for buildings, which I particularly enjoy photographing.

If one of these lenses performs particularly better than the other, it
could tip my decision one way or the other.

Bob
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 7:10:12 PM

I own the Nikon 12-24 and it is amazing. I suspect the Canon is just as
good.

Tom
"bob" <Jwx1.nothing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Canon has a 10mm to 22mm zoom.
> Nikon has a 12mm to 24mm zoom.
>
> Has anyone done a comparison between them? I don't have any SLR gear now,
> although I used to have a lot of Nikon stuff. I see a dSLR in my future. I
> like using the superwide adapter on my Coolpix camera (19mm equiv). It's
> great for buildings, which I particularly enjoy photographing.
>
> If one of these lenses performs particularly better than the other, it
> could tip my decision one way or the other.
>
> Bob
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 2:48:38 AM

Is the Canon lens shipping?

The Nikon lens is excellent.

"bob" <Jwx1.nothing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Canon has a 10mm to 22mm zoom.
> Nikon has a 12mm to 24mm zoom.
>
> Has anyone done a comparison between them? I don't have any SLR gear now,
> although I used to have a lot of Nikon stuff. I see a dSLR in my future. I
> like using the superwide adapter on my Coolpix camera (19mm equiv). It's
> great for buildings, which I particularly enjoy photographing.
>
> If one of these lenses performs particularly better than the other, it
> could tip my decision one way or the other.
>
> Bob
December 17, 2004 1:07:26 PM

"TAFKAB" <TheArtist@FormerlyKnownAs.Bowser> wrote:

> Is the Canon lens shipping?

Yes.

> The Nikon lens is excellent.

So is the Canon.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/Canon-...

(Also, it focuses _ridiculously_ close: it's practically a macro lens
(although not in terms of nagnification). Lots of fun.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 1:07:27 PM

"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl@gol.com> wrote in message

> "TAFKAB" <TheArtist@FormerlyKnownAs.Bowser> wrote:
>
>> Is the Canon lens shipping?
>
> Yes.
>
>> The Nikon lens is excellent.
>
> So is the Canon.

Sure looks good! Love the comparison with the Sigma.

> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/Canon-...
>
> (Also, it focuses _ridiculously_ close: it's practically a macro lens
> (although not in terms of nagnification). Lots of fun.)

Hmmm... If I actually shot with Canon, I might get one. Maybe next year. I
haven't moved to a digital SLR yet. Still waiting.

!