Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Suggestions : Dual 1920x1080 Monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 12, 2010 11:07:56 PM

long time reader, first time poster.

To make a long story short, I have 2 Samsung 2233 HD monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080 each, and both with only a DVI connection and I need to find a video card to support them.

Currently, my old POS computer and 256mb video card cannot support both monitors at the same time, so I am using that as one of many excuses to buy a new computer.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a video card that will support 2 monitors at this resolution? Unfortunately, I have been out of the hardware game for so long, I am having trouble making heads or tails of half of the specs on the websites nowadays.

Budget : lets not get too crazy, lets call it under $150 or so
Usage : very light gaming (VERY LIGHT), some movies, mostly basic work, Office, etc.
Power Supply, etc : this will be the cornerstone of a new computer, so I will base the computer specs off the GPU requirements.

Thanks in advance!
May 12, 2010 11:32:52 PM

Thanks for the reply. I guess what was throwing me off was on some of the hardware websites (read: newegg) they list a max resolution of 2560 x 1600 on majority of their cards, and I think my confusion was if that was for one monitor, or total card output.

If that is the case, was just looking at a 9500, think it would fit the bill? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
!