Asus P67 Line (Stock At Newegg)

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Probably a really ridiculous question to ask, but I will throw it out there anyways:

Does anyone know approximately how long it will be until the Asus P67 mobos come back in stock at newegg.com and newegg.ca?

I am on a little bit of a time constraint for my new build. (Would like to do it over the march break when I have lots of free time)

The competing MSI board is looking more and more enticing every day that I wait for the Asus board. Should I give in and get it instead or wait?

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

It is the GD65 board, so should I go for it?

Whats the pros and cons to ASUS versus MSI?

I would get the GD65 I was you.

I've seen less people having problems with the MSI boards. Other than that, it's pretty much down to specific features and mainboard color scheme. You won't be disappointed with the performance of either one, so because the MSI's available, jump on it.

jpgarrett83

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
One thing to consider with the GD65 though is that it only has 1 front USB header. So, if you have front USB, Audio plugs built into your case and also say an Internal Card reader (Both of which normally connect via USB header) you won't be able to use both.

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

That is a really good point. I think I am going to wait. Better to wait now then to suffer down the line I guess.

But, now I will be building it during school time. On average, how long will it take a first time builder to get a system put together from scratch and up and running?

lol One itsy-bitsy little thing like that would make you wait? Sounds like you were just waiting for someone to give you an excuse...

Are you getting an internal card reader? If not, cross that off.

Audio ports don't connect through USB, so cross that off.

Down to the number of front USB ports then. How many of us need more than two ports (one header equals two ports)? I'm guessing a very small percentage. Are you one of the many or one of the few?

First build will take hours. With the distractions of school, plan on one hour a day for four days or more to get everything the way you want it.

jpgarrett83

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I have read a couple posts where people were unhappy when they received the board because they did not check so I figured I would give him the heads up. The number of front usb headers is not something everyone normally checks when looking at motherboards. Just wanted to let him know the color wasn't the only difference as suggested.

How could any of us possibly know when stock is going to come back at Newegg?

As if we have some special ability to predict this?? Oh brother.

Here's a thought, if you tired of waiting, how about buying it from one of the hundreds of other shops that do have it in stock?? Now there's a genius idea.

jpgarrett83

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010

Just curious what are the hundreds of shops that have the P8P67 Pro or P8P67 Evo in stock? I know Microcenter, but I'm in FL and there is not one anywhere close. TigerDirect lists them but many have said they received an email after ordering that they are backordered.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

That is a common practice for Tigerdirect. Every time I buy from them I regret it...

On another note... I got my P8P67 Pro B3 last Wednesday. So I'd guess soon...

ModernCreed

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hey guys thanks for the responses!

I actually found an Asus P8P67 Pro REV3 at Canada Computers for only $10 more (Canadian exchange I guess)

They only had two left and I got one!

Score.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

grats!