Solved

Will this CPU cooler work on my Phenom II 955 setup?

I have this Rosewill RCX-Z1 in my closet and was wondering if it's compatible with this ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G motherboard I just purchased.

If so, do you guys think I should use it or is the stock amd heatsink for the 955 better???
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will cooler work phenom setup
  1. Best answer
    The stock heatsink is without a doubt better than that, anything lacking copper will most likely be worse than the stock heatsink.
  2. loneninja said:
    The stock heatsink is without a doubt better than that, anything lacking copper will most likely be worse than the stock heatsink.

ok thanks. 1 last thing... Is it worth taking off the pre-applied thermal paste on the stock heatsink and using this mx-2 thermal paste I have laying around?
  3. IMOP, thermal paste is thermal paste. In my experience, the brand of thermal past makes absolutely no difference. But thats just me.
  4. Best answer selected by yesitsmario.
  5. You will see a noticeable temperature drop using the thermal paste, the stock paste isn't very good on most stock heatsinks.
  6. +1 @ Lmeow
    -1 @ zipzoom
    HardwareLogic thermal compound review showed there could be as much as 10C (or more) difference between thermal compound types.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD