kriss332

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
hi 2 all,
i m planning for a build with any of these :bounce: -
1. i5-750
2. phenom X4 965
3. phenom X6 (whichever available)

now i need to have a board which is SLI capable (8X 8X).
1. for i5 i got the cheapest is- Asus P7P55D PRO for 150$
2. for phenom series - asus M4N75TD (8X 8X) aprox.130$ (i guess)
3. dont have idea about mobo for X6.

I already have- western digital 500 GB (sata/ 16 MB Cache). will this Hard dsk be sufficient for gaming?
I have one graphic card- MSI NX 8400GS - 512 MB, is a heavy power supply required to run PC with this card or can i just use inbuilt SMPS for this card??? later i will get a heavy PSU when i go for SLI. :sarcastic:
So plz give me some clues for getting the board. I wud like 2 spend upto 140$ for board. Moreover i wan to use SLI for Nvidia 3D rig lateron (not right now). so i guess i will be forced to choose Intel way.
Also, what can be the approx. prices of these processors and boards.

Thanks to all :hello:
Naveen

Solution
I'm a bit confused here, you're asking for MOBO suggestions but it sounds like you have a few in mind already, do you want us to tell you which is the better option? It's an easy check to see if a MOBO supports x8/x8. As long as the board supports SLI, it'll be compatible with Nvidia 3D. The Nvidia 3D is actually dependent on the video card, which I'm pretty sure that MSI NX 8400GS are NOT able to.

Descendant

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I'm a bit confused here, you're asking for MOBO suggestions but it sounds like you have a few in mind already, do you want us to tell you which is the better option? It's an easy check to see if a MOBO supports x8/x8. As long as the board supports SLI, it'll be compatible with Nvidia 3D. The Nvidia 3D is actually dependent on the video card, which I'm pretty sure that MSI NX 8400GS are NOT able to.

Solution

kriss332

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
no not at all, i m not going to use MSI GX 8400GS for 3D.
this one is just a stone age card lying with me. offcourse 3D needs a GTX 28X series GPU. I m just wanting to know whether Nvidia 3D wud run on these Boards with SLIing two GTX ??? i mean, is Nvidia 3D rig compatible to intel ways only??? I m just trying to cross check before buying the PC. I decided to get Phenom X4 965 with ASUS M4N75TD or MSI NF 980-G65. Any one motherboard. I hope i wont get stuck coz of these boards & processor.