Status
Not open for further replies.

dumb321

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Can you guys tell me whats going one with my computer. ok i was talking to my brother on steam and my computer restarted and didnt boot up black screen no post and look like it was loop rebooting. my temps were fine 30c cpu 35c mobo. could it be memory?

dumb321

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
they are all spinning just checked. my brother said it was my videocard going cause i was playing bf2 and screen went black and fans kicked up like when u start up ur computer but i could still hear him in ventrilo

TommyV

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
At first I was thinking that it was the psu, but after reading your last post, it sounds like a heat issue.

I would take the computer outside and clean out the dust with a leaf blower or something, then see if it still heats up. Maybe take the side panel off and have a fan blow over your vid card while you play. It sounds like a redneck thing to do, but whatever works :)

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Did you get a GPU Temp monitor as others suggested? For example HWMonitor. Or GPU-Z which will let you log temps at intervals so if it crashes you can go back and look at the temps over the time before it crashed.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

What are the rest of your system specs? Is anything being written to your system event log at the time of the black outs?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Did you monitor temps? And are they any different in bf2 vs other games? Have you checked the application and system event logs for errors?

It could just be bf2, if it consistently does it in bf2 and not in any other game. If so, keep an eye out for game and driver updates. Driver updates often fix errors, even obscure ones. Just as an example, here's one from a recent AMD driver change: "Screen no longer turns blank when flashlight is turned on in "The Chronicles of
Riddick 2" with Screen Space Ambient Occlusion enabled."

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Did you build this system yourself? If so, when did you build it? Have you experienced any other problems along the way? Please list all the components in your system. Include model #s, links if possible, OS, be specific.

dumb321

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
yes i did, heres the specs Asus p5n32 e sli, ddr2 800 2gb crucial ballistix, wd caviar blue 32mb cache 1tb, samsung dvd/cd rewritable, 8600gts 512mb, this was build in 2007-2008 time. i did use vista ulitmate windows xp pro, windows 7 ulitmate

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.