SP2 install created 2 folders I can't delete

After installing SP2 I'm left with 2 empty folders that I can't open or
delete. Any ideas without formatting a disk drive on how to erase the 2
folders?

F:\d6d0ca5\sp1
F:\db6b65ff580\sp1

*** I receive the following fault when trying to delete. ***

Cannot delete sp1: Access is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
and that the file is not currently in use.

**** I see this fault when opening the sp1 folders. ****

F:\db6b65ff580\sp1 is not accessible
Access is denied
2 answers Last reply
More about install created folders delete

    Matt;
    Reboot to Safe Mod and delete them:
    Reboot tapping F8 each second.
    Select Safe Mode at the menu.
    Then delete the files.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Matt R" <matt_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > After installing SP2 I'm left with 2 empty folders that I can't open or
    > delete. Any ideas without formatting a disk drive on how to erase the 2
    > folders?
    >
    > F:\d6d0ca5\sp1
    > F:\db6b65ff580\sp1
    >
    > *** I receive the following fault when trying to delete. ***
    >
    > Cannot delete sp1: Access is denied
    > Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
    > and that the file is not currently in use.
    >
    > **** I see this fault when opening the sp1 folders. ****
    >
    > F:\db6b65ff580\sp1 is not accessible
    > Access is denied

    Thanks, that worked both folders deleted.

    > Matt;
    > Reboot to Safe Mod and delete them:
    > Reboot tapping F8 each second.
    > Select Safe Mode at the menu.
    > Then delete the files.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
    >

    > "Matt R" <matt_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> After installing SP2 I'm left with 2 empty folders that I can't open or
    >> delete. Any ideas without formatting a disk drive on how to erase the 2
    >> folders?
    >>
    >> F:\d6d0ca5\sp1
    >> F:\db6b65ff580\sp1
    >>
    >> *** I receive the following fault when trying to delete. ***
    >>
    >> Cannot delete sp1: Access is denied
    >> Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
    >> and that the file is not currently in use.
    >>
    >> **** I see this fault when opening the sp1 folders. ****
    >>
    >> F:\db6b65ff580\sp1 is not accessible
    >> Access is denied

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP