Sign in with
Your question

Need A Quiet PC

Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2010 12:17:18 AM

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate any advice.

I spent too much, to get too little with my current PC. I'm hoping to avoid that this time around.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1-2 Weeks

BUDGET RANGE: 800-1200 preferred but will spend more if necessary

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Surfing the internet, I have an internet based business which requires me to constantly search websites of different internet retailers, I keep 4-10 internet windows open at all times.
I also use my PC for downloading and watching movies, and once in a while I do some gaming as well. My current PC is a 3 year old HP, it is extremely loud. I would like to get something reasonably quiet.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PC: Clueless in this area.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

WHY PREBUILT VERSUS CUSTOM BUILT: Don't have the time or knowledge to build one.

I am looking for both what to buy and where to buy.
I do not need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, or printer.
I am looking for a PC that is both fast and quiet. I have an external HDD, I do not need a lot of HDD space in the PC.
I am much more interested in quality and reliability than flash.
I use a Mitsubishi 60737 DLP TV for a monitor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I put this together at HP:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configu...

I think this would take care of my needs, but I welcome advice.

More about : quiet

July 2, 2010 4:29:10 PM

Hi,

I saw you are using an external hard drive and was wondering how you deal with the noise from that? I am using Band-In-A-Box audiophile version with the USB external hard drive they supply (1.5 TB of audio tracks of musical instruments) and the enclosure it comes with is loud. I am going to try using a different external hard drive enclosure from www.quietpcusa.com (which is a great place for quiet cases and other "quiet" hardware) but I was wondering if you had solved that issue and what you are using to deal with it if external hard drive noise has been a problem for you.

Thanks!
m
l
July 2, 2010 4:44:09 PM

2140275,2,617212 said:
Hi,

I saw you are using an external hard drive and was wondering how you deal with the noise from that?
---------------------
My external hard drive is a Western Digital Elements 1 TB, it is almost completely silent. No noise no heat, you can hardly tell it is even running.

I only wish I could say the same about the rest of my system.
m
l
July 2, 2010 5:32:55 PM

Cool, thanks. What enclosure do you have it in, please?
m
l
!