Back up card?

CFTait

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Well, I'm looking to get a backup card, that's cheap and reliable. under $75CAD, I have a 5850 and a 1920x1080 monitor; so I would like something that would run this resolution to hold me over until I get a replacement of my 5850, if, god forbid it goes down.

It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles, just something that I can use to browse the interwebs and watch movies and such with my computer. If I had an IGp, I wouldn't need one, but I had purchased a MB without one, so I'm SOL for the IGP :ange:

Any and all halp/ suggestions are appreciated!

CFTait :hello:

Solution
Might as well stick with ATI so you don't have to swap out drivers. The HD4350 is cheap and fine for regular usage or for a card that is somewhat capable at gaming an HD4650 is slightly better than the 9500GT.
Im sorry but i have no idea of $CAD pricing.
However here is a review of a HD 5570 which should include all the cards you should consider as standby cards. I would recomend a 5670 as a card just to get by on while you replace your main card if it went wrong, but as i said i dont know where that is in your price range, thats why i used the 5570 review, to give a bigger price bracket for you to compare performance within.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_5570/

Mactronix

CFTait

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Yes, just a back up card for me to be able to still use my computer, I don't need something fancy, just something I can add to the cart and have it there when I need it. I found a 9500 GT, which I like and know how it performs, because I have it in my other/ old machine, which I gave to some relatives, but I didn't try it at this resolution. It's always been with my 1280x1024 monitor :??: