DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Hello,

I have just bought a P7P55D Mother board, a I7-860 chip and 4 Gb of DDR 3 Ram. When i go to install the OS (Win 7 64 Bit) i get the grey bar loading windows files. it then goes to the Windows logo and then after about 30 sec it restart the rig and starts this loop again (I have DVD Drive as Boot Prioity 1 and I do not get asked if i want to boot from it either)

Win 7 was working fine on my last set up (ASUS M2N32-SLI with AMD)

I have disconneted all but 1 HDD and using it as IDE via SATA (Trying RAID Volumes has same efferct as above) and I have tried with only 2 stick of my 2Gb ram in. anyone have any ideas how to get the instal to start and complete

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
The cycle goes right into booting from Optical. it then does the Windows in loadsing files greay bar thing. then the Starting windows screen with the Windows Icon.

then it cuts power and restarts.

I do not get asked if I want to boot from Disk at all

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Yes i have a shop bought copy with both 32 and 64 bit disks.

I have even tried re installing my Win XP64 OS but that gets to the installing drivers stage then goes into a loop as well.

I am a tad bit annoyed as I have spend a fair amount of cash to upgrade my rig. as well as buying the OS. (Which worked fine on my rig before i upgraded parts)

I do not even get the screen where it asks you what language, and keyboard input you use.

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
i had win xp 64 pro.

however I have formatted the drives. After running through the same problem for 4 hours I went out and bought new SATA drives and guess what this did not help at all.

The system just crashes through the load windows files screen then the windows icon screen then restarts and does it all again.

Some ideas would be nice, as I seem thave gone through everything i can find on the net and from a mate as well

SpeedHunter_2010

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
got it solved , ok so heres what u must do : boot from ur DVD wait the files to unpack ( the grey line to end ) and wait until it rebbots ( after the line ends ) and when it does , eject the DVD until the windows setup apears then put the disk back in , it should work
ur prob was that it boots automatic , when u instal windows it first unpacks then restarts and a setup screen should apear , but it does not even start it because u boot again from the DVD and starts unpacking again

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
When the Gray Bar has finished loading it does not reboot right away it goes straight to teh Windows logo screen.

When it did rebot i removed the disc. after Post i got the message NTLDR is Missing, Press Ctrl, ALt, De to restart

SpeedHunter_2010

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
u said:"it then goes to the Windows logo and then after about 30 sec it restart" , after it restarts remove the disk till the setup loads , then it should give a error saying to insert the disk , insert it and it should continue normaly

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
I i got the message to boot from disk so i did. it unpacked. it went to logo screen it restarted. when it came round to message to boot from CD or DVD i let it time out then i got the message that the file mentioned above was missing C,A,Del to restart.

so now the auto boot is not working I am just missing NTLDR file instead

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
yeah tried that already the file you try and shift to floppy does not load.

i an refomat the HDD'S no drama, but then i will just end up back in the loop again like i have been for the last 24 hrs

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
I have reset the Bios to default. adn i am now going to see if I can re-install Win XP 64 Pro on it as i was able to update to Win 7 from that befoer on my old build. Will see if I can do it on my new Build.

Just hope I can get past the loop at the installing devices part of the install. All i have plugged in to my Rig now is a PS/3 Keyboard and my monitor.

If this goes into a loop then I am convinced that there is something seriously wrong some where in som part of my new Hardware

DaveFoz

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Problem solved.

Ended up being my PSU had kicked it and I had to replace mine.

So ended up being a hardware fault not software