Bad Company 2 & 40" Samsung TV/Good GPU Suggestion?

Hi all,

A friend has asked me to do an upgrade for him, however I have never worked with LCD TV's as far as knowing what video cards work best.

Does anyone currently have a setup that involves a 40" 1080p tv for gaming?

He wants to specificaly play Bad Company 2 @40+ fps. So that that game right there is gonna require something hefty I am sure.
He is also wanted to upgrade CPU, I've suggested Athlon II x3 to keep his bedget down and still be good to go for gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about company samsung good suggestion
  1. Two combined 1080P displays would have about the same amount of pixels of a 2560x1600 display. With that many pixels you need an ATI 5970 to get good frame rates and high quality.

You could go for something lower like a 5870 and only run on medium.

I recommend something more than a Athlon II. The game runs CPU based physics which eats more CPU than most games. You probably need something like an i5 or Phenom II.
  2. rofl_my_waffle said:
    Two combined 1080P displays would have about the same amount of pixels of a 2560x1600 display. With that many pixels you need an ATI 5970 to get good frame rates and high quality.

You could go for something lower like a 5870 and only run on medium.

I recommend something more than a Athlon II. The game runs CPU based physics which eats more CPU than most games. You probably need something like an i5 or Phenom II.

Ok, I had to edit the title, I see where there was confusion.

Its actually only 1 display. Does this make a difference?
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Samsung Graphics