Sign in with
Your question

Bad Company 2 & 40" Samsung TV/Good GPU Suggestion?

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • TV
  • Samsung
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2010 11:59:23 AM

Hi all,

A friend has asked me to do an upgrade for him, however I have never worked with LCD TV's as far as knowing what video cards work best.

Does anyone currently have a setup that involves a 40" 1080p tv for gaming?

He wants to specificaly play Bad Company 2 @40+ fps. So that that game right there is gonna require something hefty I am sure.
He is also wanted to upgrade CPU, I've suggested Athlon II x3 to keep his bedget down and still be good to go for gaming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : bad company samsung good gpu suggestion

May 13, 2010 12:56:35 PM

Two combined 1080P displays would have about the same amount of pixels of a 2560x1600 display. With that many pixels you need an ATI 5970 to get good frame rates and high quality.

You could go for something lower like a 5870 and only run on medium.

I recommend something more than a Athlon II. The game runs CPU based physics which eats more CPU than most games. You probably need something like an i5 or Phenom II.
m
l
May 13, 2010 1:03:16 PM

rofl_my_waffle said:
Two combined 1080P displays would have about the same amount of pixels of a 2560x1600 display. With that many pixels you need an ATI 5970 to get good frame rates and high quality.

You could go for something lower like a 5870 and only run on medium.

I recommend something more than a Athlon II. The game runs CPU based physics which eats more CPU than most games. You probably need something like an i5 or Phenom II.

Ok, I had to edit the title, I see where there was confusion.

Its actually only 1 display. Does this make a difference?
m
l
!