Your question

Break the myth !!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
August 19, 2010 9:28:07 AM

hello guys
this is my first post here so be jentle with me.

I've working with intel cpu's almost 10 years , for the last 3 years i was thinking move to the AMD but, where i live "israel" the amd cpu have bad reputation .
one of them is ,if they overheat they go south, get a new one.

if they running without fan (by mistake) they fried ,unlike the intel one the pc shut down.

i thinking get the phenom 2 955, witch intel cpu provide the same power ?

A GAMER

THANKS

More about : break myth

a b à CPUs
August 19, 2010 10:01:29 AM

Weclome to the forums! :) 

I'm not surprised about AMD CPUs having bad rep there, apparently Intel's research facilities are located in Israel, so I'm assuming they'd favour Intel CPUs over there.

The closest CPU to the Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is the Core i5 750. The Core i5 750 is a bit faster than the Phenom II X4 955, although it is a bit more expensive too. There is no real performance equivalent to the Phenom II X4 955.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2010 12:14:25 PM

All modern CPUs have protection mechanisms that cause the CPU to throttle itself when it gets too hot, or shut down when temperatures reach the extreme. If you got an AMD chip from, say, 2002, then you may find yourself with a problem if the heatsink falls off. These days it is virtually impossible to kill a CPU with heat unless you deliberately disable thermal shutdown. I've tried.
m
l
!