Solved

PC GAMING HANG.........

hello everyone....

I have got a wierd problem here.My computer specs are as follows....

P4 3.4GHz(overclocked),
windows xp 32 bit sp2...
768 DDR 2 RAM 400 MHz
ATI XPRESS 200 with catalyst 10.2 version and the card is set for quality in control panel of ATI.

now wen i play games.FOR FIRST 15 MIN it works fine then it stops suddenly and pc hang for about 2 to 3 ,min and then it start again.NOW IF WE RUN IT FOR OTHER 15 MIN then the pc hang permanaently and i have to make a restart and this process is repeated every time i boot up and play.

what can be the problem.......???????????/

>VIRUSES
>CARD IS GONE OLD
>GAME IS CORRUPT
>THE OVERCLOCKING
>DRIVERS
>HEAT

no other can be the reason except it.now the reasons hat are eliminated....

>I scanned the viruses with kaspersky 2010 and found no problem.
>I tried COD 1,COD 2 CS,MAFIA,......but same problem.....
>I reset the overclocking settings and found the same problem.
>I clean install the drivers and again install them in the system.....same thing...
>heat cant be the issued,cause the temp remains between 45c to 52c.....so no no no no no no.....

>MAY BE THE CARD HAS GONE OLD.......

PLEASE...PLEASE..PLEASE TELL ME IF THE CARD IS DOWN SO I GET 9400gt 1gb now........'

thanks to everyone who help.....
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming hang
  1. Best answer
    It seems that your system only crashes when stressed.

Run Prime95/Memtest/ etc...try to stress your CPU/mem/GPU and see if it crashes.

Also it might be due to insufficient power or aging. How old is your system?
    Try this: http://www.antec.outervision.com/
  2. thanks for reply....

BTW memory and G/CPU wera tested stress test and i feel that after power calculation i want 1.4 vcore voltage while i recieve 1.275volt,thats wat the problem might have been.But before wen i used to play cs it didnt lag or computer hang but mayy be tis is due to overclock......................

thanks again bro.....
  3. xoahzarodx said:
    It seems that your system only crashes when stressed.

Run Prime95/Memtest/ etc...try to stress your CPU/mem/GPU and see if it crashes.

Also it might be due to insufficient power or aging. How old is your system?
    Try this: http://www.antec.outervision.com/

man....

I think the card is going down cause still increasing the voltae creates the same problem...Tihs *** wont give me a ***.........Any other idea or i change my card.....

Thanks for the help BTW.....
  4. hey my GF solved he problem by properly cleaning the copter properly and letting the air flow in ti please someone reeeeeeeeeeeeppppplyyyt>>>>>>]
  5. Best answer selected by Tan007.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics