~ URGENT HELP! Can't Install Win7 on SSD!!! ~

runordie

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hey everyone, I have just swapped my HDD with my brand new OCZ Vertex 4 SSD.

When I try to install Win7 from my DVD, I always get an Error Message.

It states "Windows Cannot Install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available. Error Code: 0x8007002"

I also got Error Code: 0x8007048F...

I got the Win7 ISO from Digital River, a licensed distributor of Microsoft software. I also burned the DVD using Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft...

Thanks so much!

runordie

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Haha, I am trying an Bootable USB Flash Drive as we speak.

The weird thing is, there was no errors telling me that the DVD was corrupted once it was finished burning...

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
If you can I'd try a different dvd burn. Had some trouble installing onto my friends new SSD locking up at the password setup. I'd taken care to burn it onto a nice Verbatim disc and verified, put it onto a cheap dvd and worked fine...go figure!

What interface is the SSD using ?? -- Most MOBOs have a separate controller for the SATA III devices (6GB) that requires special drivers be loaded before they can be used so if using a newer SATA port make sure that the drivers for it are on the USB stick as well so they can be installed.

runordie

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
I have finished with the USB Bootable Drive and now I am getting the "Operating System Not Found" Message...Even when I am in UEFI and Legacy modes.

This is starting to get on my nerves...

cbrunnem

Distinguished
I have finished with the USB Bootable Drive and now I am getting the "Operating System Not Found" Message...Even when I am in UEFI and Legacy modes.

This is starting to get on my nerves...

why are you not using a legit windows 7 disk rather then your own dvd? also have you set it to be in ahci mode yet?

What is your make/model motherboard and how old is it? I tried to install win 7 on an SSD attached to an old MSI P5N SLI board running nVidia 650 chipset with no luck.

Edit: AHCI is enabled for you SATA ports - the other option is IDE (and you don't want that).

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
You will have to dig around and look for SATA mode, the options will be AHCI or legacy IDE mode. If you are using an SSD it is better to be in AHCI as that will automatically switch on the trim stuff in Windows. I'd imagine that Windows 7 has the drivers for a lot of controllers already but might be an idea to pop the SATA drivers on a flash drive.