I am starting to put together a system to be used on a ocean going SAILBOAT.
Any advise much appreciated on a low power consumption , with good performance system.
* low power draw
* run everyday business applications
* remote mounting of main enclosure in a dry location
* external dvd burner
* external usb "expansion" ports
* Good enough speed to convert video files, and burn to dvd
* I don't do any gaming, but some light CAD use
* will be using a 20" external monitor
* cheap (under 800.00)
* reasonable amount of storage
Have been looking at the car PC systems, like the VOOMPC and they seem perhaps too slow to process video?
More about :low power consumption good performance build
Wow that sounds like a deal! 59 bucks! I def like the price.
@amw1011 how do you extend the ribbon data cable for a laptop display? Seems like you would need to solder it to a serial connector at some point? Maybe not really an extensioin, just cut the ribbon and make a connector at the display side, run vga cable from the video out port on the laptop base to the new connector and done.