poly count (legend)

thumbing through the new issue of 'pc gamer'(june 2005, pg 42) and found
this bit. the new Lara will have 9800 polys compared to aods 4400
rex
28 answers Last reply
More about poly count legend
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    message news:KM0ae.623837$w62.259949@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    > thumbing through the new issue of 'pc gamer'(june 2005, pg 42) and
    > found this bit. the new Lara will have 9800 polys compared to aods
    > 4400 rex

    Thanks :)
    MCG.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > thumbing through the new issue of 'pc gamer'(june 2005, pg 42) and found
    > this bit. the new Lara will have 9800 polys compared to aods 4400
    > rex

    But did it say if the poly count was only Lara, or includes her new
    festooned items?? If it is all of her inventory, she still might look like
    McG has suggested. I'm hoping that we will get to see a true animation, or
    a game play segment before we have to plunk down our hard earned money.
    Though I admit I'm such a fan thaqt if the story and game play are good (as
    good as AOD, but without the glitches), I'll buy it anyway. ^_^

    Inu-Yasha
    Feh!!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

    > "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> thumbing through the new issue of 'pc gamer'(june 2005, pg 42) and found
    >> this bit. the new Lara will have 9800 polys compared to aods 4400
    >> rex
    >>

    > But did it say if the poly count was only Lara, or includes her new
    > festooned items?? If it is all of her inventory, she still might look
    > like McG has suggested. I'm hoping that we will get to see a true
    > animation, or a game play segment before we have to plunk down our hard
    > earned money. Though I admit I'm such a fan thaqt if the story and game
    > play are good (as good as AOD, but without the glitches), I'll buy it
    > anyway. ^_^
    >
    > Inu-Yasha
    > Feh!!

    what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip Blundell,
    VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is thebeginning of a new
    era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that new developer Crystal Dynamics
    (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching the series with more realism. 'Lara
    appears more self-aware and alive than ever before'"
    the picture caption reads
    "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    rex
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    > "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> thumbing through the new issue of 'pc gamer'(june 2005, pg 42) and
    >>> found this bit. the new Lara will have 9800 polys compared to aods
    >>> 4400 rex
    >>>

    >> But did it say if the poly count was only Lara, or includes her new
    >> festooned items?? If it is all of her inventory, she still might
    >> look like McG has suggested. I'm hoping that we will get to see a
    >> true animation, or a game play segment before we have to plunk down
    >> our hard earned money. Though I admit I'm such a fan thaqt if the
    >> story and game play are good (as good as AOD, but without the
    >> glitches), I'll buy it anyway. ^_^
    >>
    >> Inu-Yasha
    >> Feh!!
    >>

    > what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    > spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip
    > Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    > thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    > new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    > the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and alive
    > than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    > "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    > Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    > personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    > rex

    Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    something to see.
    McG.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    >> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >>> message
    >>>>

    >>> But did it say if the poly count was only Lara, or includes her new
    >>> festooned items?? If it is all of her inventory, she still might
    >>> look like McG has suggested. I'm hoping that we will get to see a
    >>> true animation, or a game play segment before we have to plunk down
    >>> our hard earned money. Though I admit I'm such a fan thaqt if the
    >>> story and game play are good (as good as AOD, but without the
    >>> glitches), I'll buy it anyway. ^_^
    >>>
    >>> Inu-Yasha
    >>> Feh!!
    >>>

    >> what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    >> spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip
    >> Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    >> thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    >> new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    >> the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and alive
    >> than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    >> "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    >> Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    >> personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    >> rex
    >
    > Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    > something to see.
    > McG.

    I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    rex
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    message news:%Twae.105545$cg1.61935@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>> what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the
    >>> sexy spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by
    >>> Chip Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    >>> thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    >>> new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    >>> the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and
    >>> alive than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    >>> "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in
    >>> Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    >>> personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries
    >>> me. rex
    >>
    >> Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will
    >> be something to see.
    >> McG.
    >>
    > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at
    > the edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > rex

    Right, ALL those things Rex. It will be interesting to see how this
    stuff will all work together :) I really hope they get the visuals
    right too.
    McG.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Pistol Whipped wrote:
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Rex Reynolds was heard,
    at
    > about 04/23/2005 02:56 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > >>message

    > <snip>

    Tomb

    > >>Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that
    will be
    > >>something to see.
    > >>McG.
    > >>

    > > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running
    toward a
    > > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop
    at the
    > > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > > rex
    > >

    > Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    >
    > She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put

    > her through!
    >
    > Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    > Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see
    her
    > get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    >
    > Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the
    TR4
    > water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    >
    > And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    > would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    > ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    >
    > Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    >
    > <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to
    hide
    > behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    >
    > :)

    Yanno, I could see this going one of two ways:

    1. She throws down the gear, grabs you by the shoulders and whispers
    hoarsely, "I'm tired of this expedition. Let's just have a little fun
    making noise, shall we?" At that point, you know, just by the look in
    her eyes, that her intentions aren't exactly innocent. >:-D

    2. Or, she could turn around and say, "No, that's not right, this is
    how you do it...." And then proceeds to do exactly what you wanted,
    the right way. Then she magically appears back at the starting point
    where you left off and says, "Now, try that again, and remeber what I
    taught you this time." :-D
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    >>> Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will
    >>> be something to see.
    >>> McG.
    >>>
    >> I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    >> firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at
    >> the edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    >> rex
    >
    >Right, ALL those things Rex. It will be interesting to see how this
    >stuff will all work together :) I really hope they get the visuals
    >right too.
    >McG.

    "Spiders!" she says, "Spiders! I'm not having anytyhing to do with any
    sort of spiders. I don't like spiders, I never liked spiders, I'm not
    going anywhere near spiders. This is all HER fault, she never liked
    me, and did everything she could to keep us apart and you just put up
    with it for years and years. We NEVER got enough time alone together
    without her busting in and demanding your attention and you, YOU just
    rolled over like the little puppy dog you are and ran off at her heels
    leaving me alone here with the spiders!! You've got no balls, Mummy's
    Boy, otherwise you'd stand up to her and pay more attention TO ME!!!.
    I have needs, too, you realise, I'm not just your plaything. I had a
    good career before I met you, you bastard. I used to go places and do
    things and people respected me for it, but now you want me to go in
    there with the spiders"

    The technological innovation involved here is that the software also
    takes control of the hardware and cranks up both the volume and the
    treble boost on your speakers, until a posse of neighbours and
    possibly officers of the local constabulary call to discuss the matter
    with you. The only solution will be to power down the whole syst4em
    and you know what? if you do *that* you'll NEVER be able to play the
    game again, because it will all start off right again at the same
    point, with the same volume and boost settings.

    Yeah, I REALLY want that!!
    ..
    ..
    "When in danger or in doubt,
    Run in circles, scream and shout"
    ..
    It's not just a management tool,
    It's a philosophy for living!!
    ..
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Rex Reynolds wrote:

    > > "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > > message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    > >> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

    > >> what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    > >> spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip
    > >> Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    > >> thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    > >> new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    > >> the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and alive
    > >> than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    > >> "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    > >> Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    > >> personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    > >> rex
    > >
    > > Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    > > something to see.
    > > McG.
    > >
    > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > rex

    That could be very interesting, if it's done right. People have said
    they like to kill Lara in various ways... run Lara off cliffs, etc. etc.
    Now, if she says NO (or some other "choice" words) to doing some of those
    things, that could be fun and entertaining... depending on how well it's
    done.

    -- G
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Rex Reynolds was heard, at
    about 04/23/2005 02:56 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...

    >>"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >>message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    >>
    >>>"Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >>>what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    >>>spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip
    >>>Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    >>>thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    >>>new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    >>>the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and alive
    >>>than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    >>>"Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    >>>Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    >>>personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    >>>rex
    >>
    >>Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    >>something to see.
    >>McG.
    >>

    > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > rex

    Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.

    She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    her through!

    Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see her
    get plowed down by the boulders!?!

    Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the TR4
    water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?

    And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    .... while laughing the *whole time*!?!

    Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!

    <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to hide
    behind and tries not to breath too loudly>

    :)

    ---
    PW
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message

    >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >> message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
    >>> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

    >>> what they said was"Whats E3 without a hot model dressed up as the sexy
    >>> spelunker? Inside Eido's booth, you're personally greeted by Chip
    >>> Blundell, VP of brand marketing. 'What you're seeing today is
    >>> thebeginning of a new era for Lara Croft,' he declares, noting that
    >>> new developer Crystal Dynamics (Project: Snowblind) is relaunching
    >>> the series with more realism. 'Lara appears more self-aware and alive
    >>> than ever before'" the picture caption reads
    >>> "Vital Fact: Lara's new model sports 9,800 polys (versus 4,400 in Tomb
    >>> Raider: Angel of Darkness)."
    >>> personally that line about self-awareness and alive kinda worries me.
    >>> rex
    >>
    >> Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    >> something to see.
    >> McG.
    >>
    > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > rex

    Oh no!! Next thing you know Lara might be hoping on tables shrieking EEEK!
    at the sight of a mouse! That would shoot Tomb Raider in the A... er
    ....foot.

    Inu-Yasha
    Feh!!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "
    snip
    >> I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward
    >> a firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop
    >> at the edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    >> rex
    >>

    > Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    >
    > She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    > her through!
    >
    > Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    > Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see
    > her get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    >
    > Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the
    > TR4 water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    >
    > And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    > would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    > ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    >
    > Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    >
    > <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to
    > hide behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    >
    > :)
    >
    > ---
    > PW

    LOL! I didn't think about that bit :) Maybe it ought to be called
    Laras Revenge rather than Legend ;) Ooooh she'd have us all served up
    proper wouldn't she?
    McG.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Pistol Whipped wrote:

    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Rex Reynolds was heard, at
    > about 04/23/2005 02:56 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > >>message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net

    > <snip>

    > >>Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    > >>something to see.
    > >>McG.
    > >>

    > > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    > > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > > rex
    > >

    > Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    >
    > She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    > her through!
    >
    > Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    > Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see her
    > get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    >
    > Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the TR4
    > water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    >
    > And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    > would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    > ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    >
    > Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    >
    > <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to hide
    > behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    >
    > :)
    >
    > ---
    > PW

    <looks under desk>
    Oh yeah, that'll work. She'll *never* find you there! :)
    <stands up, puts hand to ear>
    Did you hear that? ...sounded like a bolt being pulled back.
    Well, guess I'll be going now. :)
    <runs out of the room>

    -- G
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Pistol Whipped wrote:
    >> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Rex Reynolds was heard, at
    >> about 04/23/2005 02:56 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> <snip>

    >>> I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running
    >>> toward a firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she
    >>> now stop at the edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    >>> rex
    >>>

    >> Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    >>
    >> She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    >
    >> her through!
    >>
    >> Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    >> Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see
    >> her get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    >>
    >> Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the
    >> TR4 water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    >>
    >> And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    >> would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    >> ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    >>
    >> Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    >>
    >> <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to
    >> hide behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    >>
    >> :)
    >
    > Yanno, I could see this going one of two ways:
    >
    > 1. She throws down the gear, grabs you by the shoulders and whispers
    > hoarsely, "I'm tired of this expedition. Let's just have a little fun
    > making noise, shall we?" At that point, you know, just by the look in
    > her eyes, that her intentions aren't exactly innocent. >:-D
    >
    > 2. Or, she could turn around and say, "No, that's not right, this is
    > how you do it...." And then proceeds to do exactly what you wanted,
    > the right way. Then she magically appears back at the starting point
    > where you left off and says, "Now, try that again, and remeber what I
    > taught you this time." :-D

    That sounds realistic. Where's the fun in that? ;) Hm. Oh, now, the
    Training Level, Laras Home. This could be great. Like all the times
    I'd had her swan dive off the roof of her own mansion? No forget that,
    too morbid. You could have like a mode where Lara actually turns and
    seems to pay attention to the User, speaks with, etc. Have a list of
    topics to choose from, Lara answers the questions, shows the moves, etc.
    voice response? Maybe too advanced to play with in a game though. Hm.
    /me needs more coffee
    McG.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Inu-Yasha wrote:

    > "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > >> message news:Wxlae.103799$cg1.27506@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net

    > >> Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that will be
    > >> something to see.
    > >> McG.
    > >>
    > > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    > > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at the
    > > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    > > rex
    > >

    > Oh no!! Next thing you know Lara might be hoping on tables shrieking EEEK!
    > at the sight of a mouse! That would shoot Tomb Raider in the A... er
    > ...foot.
    >
    > Inu-Yasha
    > Feh!!

    That would be good! Flesh-eating beetles, Seth-enhanced deadly poisonous
    scorpions, mutated spider-men shooting fire balls... all perfectly OK,
    just so long as there aren't any ordinary mice. :) heh heh heh.

    Well... that's OK. *Everyone* has weaknesses, superheros have some
    of the more interesting ones. :)

    -- G
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    > message
    >>
    >> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> Interesting. Alive is one thing. The self awareness now, that
    >>> will be something to see.
    >>> McG.
    >>>
    >> I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward
    >> a firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop
    >> at the edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    >> rex
    >>

    > Oh no!! Next thing you know Lara might be hoping on tables shrieking
    > EEEK! at the sight of a mouse! That would shoot Tomb Raider in the
    > A... er ...foot.
    >
    > Inu-Yasha
    > Feh!!

    In TR1 when you try to Use a key or item that doesn't fit, she says "No"
    quite plainly. I think that was left out of the later ones. So that
    could be used and expanded on. There's a zillion or so possibilities,
    and they could use any, all or none of the ones we come up with :)
    McG.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell"
    snip

    >> Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    >>
    >> She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    >> her through!
    >>
    >> Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    >> Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see
    >> her get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    >>
    >> Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the
    >> TR4 water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    >>
    >> And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    >> would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    >> ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    >>
    >> Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    >>
    >> <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to
    >> hide behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    >>
    >> :)
    >>
    >> ---
    >> PW
    >
    > <looks under desk>
    > Oh yeah, that'll work. She'll *never* find you there! :)
    > <stands up, puts hand to ear>
    > Did you hear that? ...sounded like a bolt being pulled back.
    > Well, guess I'll be going now. :)
    > <runs out of the room>
    >
    > -- G

    Chicken! :) Where's yer sense of adventure Gary? Hm? Heh! Stick
    around and watch the fireworks... or...like the rest of us... be very
    careful when clicking on that TOMBRAIDER icon! (wonders what kinda
    dues Gary has to pay, yuk yuk!)
    McG.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    >In TR1 when you try to Use a key or item that doesn't fit, she says "No"
    >quite plainly. I think that was left out of the later ones. So that
    >could be used and expanded on. There's a zillion or so possibilities,
    >and they could use any, all or none of the ones we come up with :)

    Also found in TR2 Training Level, if you try to use the lock/keypad
    next to Lara's Bed. A VERY clear and emphatic "NO". Does it unlock the
    (ahem..) toy cabinet?
    ..
    ..
    "When in danger or in doubt,
    Run in circles, scream and shout"
    ..
    It's not just a management tool,
    It's a philosophy for living!!
    ..
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
    > Inu-Yasha wrote:
    >>
    >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > I mean in taod we have her snagging ladders(unasked), running toward a
    >> > firefight, and balking about running off ledges. will she now stop at
    >> > the
    >> > edge and say NO, refuse to go into dark rooms etc.
    >> > rex
    >> >

    >> Oh no!! Next thing you know Lara might be hoping on tables shrieking
    >> EEEK!
    >> at the sight of a mouse! That would shoot Tomb Raider in the A... er
    >> ...foot.
    >>
    >> Inu-Yasha
    >> Feh!!
    >
    > That would be good! Flesh-eating beetles, Seth-enhanced deadly poisonous
    > scorpions, mutated spider-men shooting fire balls... all perfectly OK,
    > just so long as there aren't any ordinary mice. :) heh heh heh.
    >
    > Well... that's OK. *Everyone* has weaknesses, superheros have some
    > of the more interesting ones. :)
    >
    > -- G
    scarab beatles, why is it always scarab beatles.(to borrow from 'indy')
    rex
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Gary Mitchell"
    > snip
    > >>>

    > >> Self-aware?!?! Eeeeek.
    > >>
    > >> She's going to get *even* with me for all those horrible things I put
    > >> her through!
    > >>
    > >> Like the time I got so fed up with *her* inability to negotiate the
    > >> Great Wall run of TR2 and loaded over and over and over just to see
    > >> her get plowed down by the boulders!?!
    > >>
    > >> Or like the time I got tired of *her* complete inability to swim the
    > >> TR4 water maze and would repeatedly just give up and let her drown?!?
    > >>
    > >> And what about the time I found out that using the incorrect cheats
    > >> would blow her up, so I spent at least fifteen minutes doing it ...
    > >> ... while laughing the *whole time*!?!
    > >>
    > >> Oh, lordy, am *I* in trouble!
    > >>
    > >> <shuts off office light, cowers under desk, pulls chair in close to
    > >> hide behind and tries not to breath too loudly>
    > >>
    > >> :)
    > >>
    > >> ---
    > >> PW
    > >
    > > <looks under desk>
    > > Oh yeah, that'll work. She'll *never* find you there! :)
    > > <stands up, puts hand to ear>
    > > Did you hear that? ...sounded like a bolt being pulled back.
    > > Well, guess I'll be going now. :)
    > > <runs out of the room>
    > >
    > > -- G
    >
    > Chicken! :) Where's yer sense of adventure Gary? Hm? Heh! Stick
    > around and watch the fireworks...

    I said I was running out of the *room*. ...don't want to have to
    clean off those pesky hard to remove blood stains, you understand. ;)

    And what do you mean 'sense of adventure'? This doesn't sound
    exactly like it'll be a stand-up fight. :)

    BTW, if Lara were going to get even with a game player who got a
    kick out of killing her many different and creative ways, (you
    know who you are), what do you think she'd do? Hmmm... <rubs
    chin>

    > or...like the rest of us... be very
    > careful when clicking on that TOMBRAIDER icon! (wonders what kinda
    > dues Gary has to pay, yuk yuk!)
    > McG.

    Naw, no problem here. Unlike some, who'll remain nameless, I
    don't like to see Lara get squished, toasted, chewed... impaled
    I think is the worst. In fact, I don't even like it when I
    *have* to use medi packs. So, we're on good terms. ;)

    -- G
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    > While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    >
    >> In TR1 when you try to Use a key or item that doesn't fit, she says
    >> "No" quite plainly. I think that was left out of the later ones.
    >> So that could be used and expanded on. There's a zillion or so
    >> possibilities, and they could use any, all or none of the ones we
    >> come up with :)
    >
    > Also found in TR2 Training Level, if you try to use the lock/keypad
    > next to Lara's Bed. A VERY clear and emphatic "NO". Does it unlock the
    > (ahem..) toy cabinet?
    > .
    > .
    > "When in danger or in doubt,
    > Run in circles, scream and shout"
    > .
    > It's not just a management tool,
    > It's a philosophy for living!!
    > .

    THAT lock is a part of the game play later on :) By the time you finish
    the game you will see.
    McG.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    >"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    >> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    >> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    >>
    >>> In TR1 when you try to Use a key or item that doesn't fit, she says
    >>> "No" quite plainly. I think that was left out of the later ones.
    >>> So that could be used and expanded on. There's a zillion or so
    >>> possibilities, and they could use any, all or none of the ones we
    >>> come up with :)
    >>
    >> Also found in TR2 Training Level, if you try to use the lock/keypad
    >> next to Lara's Bed. A VERY clear and emphatic "NO". Does it unlock the
    >> (ahem..) toy cabinet?
    >> .
    >> .
    >> "When in danger or in doubt,
    >> Run in circles, scream and shout"
    >> .
    >> It's not just a management tool,
    >> It's a philosophy for living!!
    >> .
    >
    >THAT lock is a part of the game play later on :) By the time you finish
    >the game you will see.
    >McG.

    I HAVE heard rumors of an armed invasion of the Manor after completion
    of the overseas levels, yes. (Cough!)

    I still haven't been able to reach the Treasure Room in time after
    throwing the switch in the Secret Room of the maze. Running jumps
    everywhere to save time, too.

    (Tomo wonders whether this is actually a sacred space for religious
    rituals - it's VERY like some others I've seen. Is there any canon
    advice on Lara's religious beliefs? Is she known to be a practising
    Wiccan or other form of pagan? Or was the space something the late
    Lord Croft had installed?)
    ..
    ..
    "When in danger or in doubt,
    Run in circles, scream and shout"
    ..
    It's not just a management tool,
    It's a philosophy for living!!
    ..
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Miowarra Tomokatu wrote:

    > While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    >
    > >"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    > >> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > >> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    > >> Also found in TR2 Training Level, if you try to use the lock/keypad
    > >> next to Lara's Bed. A VERY clear and emphatic "NO". Does it unlock the
    > >> (ahem..) toy cabinet?
    > >> .
    > >> .
    > >> "When in danger or in doubt,
    > >> Run in circles, scream and shout"
    > >> .
    > >> It's not just a management tool,
    > >> It's a philosophy for living!!
    > >> .
    > >
    > >THAT lock is a part of the game play later on :) By the time you finish
    > >the game you will see.
    > >McG.
    > >
    > I HAVE heard rumors of an armed invasion of the Manor after completion
    > of the overseas levels, yes. (Cough!)
    >
    > I still haven't been able to reach the Treasure Room in time after
    > throwing the switch in the Secret Room of the maze. Running jumps
    > everywhere to save time, too.
    >
    > (Tomo wonders whether this is actually a sacred space for religious
    > rituals - it's VERY like some others I've seen. Is there any canon
    > advice on Lara's religious beliefs? Is she known to be a practising
    > Wiccan or other form of pagan? Or was the space something the late
    > Lord Croft had installed?)

    I'd be surprised if you'll ever hear anything specific on that, at
    least officially. Eidos has nothing to gain and something to lose by
    saying Lara has this or that religion. Remember, TR is sold all over
    the world. No matter what, some segment of their customer base would
    be alienated. On the other hand, she does have a priest (TRC). So,
    I could be wrong.

    However, I suppose it might be safe to say Lara subscribes to certain
    ancient Egyptian religions. She's already had first hand experience
    with Seth! :) Although, perhaps that wouldn't qualify as a "belief"
    since those gods are real in her world.

    -- G

    > .
    > "When in danger or in doubt,
    > Run in circles, scream and shout"
    > .
    > It's not just a management tool,
    > It's a philosophy for living!!
    > .
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    >
    >> "Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    >>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    >>> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    >>> Also found in TR2 Training Level, if you try to use the lock/keypad
    >>> next to Lara's Bed. A VERY clear and emphatic "NO". Does it unlock
    >>> the (ahem..) toy cabinet?
    >>> .
    >>> .
    >>> "When in danger or in doubt,
    >>> Run in circles, scream and shout"
    >>> .
    >>> It's not just a management tool,
    >>> It's a philosophy for living!!
    >>> .
    >>
    >> THAT lock is a part of the game play later on :) By the time you
    >> finish the game you will see.
    >> McG.
    >>
    > I HAVE heard rumors of an armed invasion of the Manor after completion
    > of the overseas levels, yes. (Cough!)
    >
    > I still haven't been able to reach the Treasure Room in time after
    > throwing the switch in the Secret Room of the maze. Running jumps
    > everywhere to save time, too.
    >
    > (Tomo wonders whether this is actually a sacred space for religious
    > rituals - it's VERY like some others I've seen. Is there any canon
    > advice on Lara's religious beliefs? Is she known to be a practising
    > Wiccan or other form of pagan? Or was the space something the late
    > Lord Croft had installed?)
    > .
    Actually, I think Lara had the whole place customized :) Her parents
    have disowned their rebellious daughter, and word is she was bequeathed
    the estate by an auntie. Now, do get this part: GETTING THE RACETRACK
    KEY IS DOABLE! Hey, even *I've* done it! No, you can't cheat to get
    it, ya have to get it the hard way Tomo. However, the sense of
    accomplishment for one such as me is enormous. I've done it two or
    three times, right in a row. So, you get your path worked out
    correctly, then you get to practise that run dozens of times to iron out
    all the rough edges so that it's a smooth run. You will actually have a
    few seconds left over to have Lara stand there and just gloat a bit till
    the door closes behind her :) Once IN the library, you still have to
    find your way into the aquarium :) Once you have the key, you then have
    to get back out. Methinks this was actually the best puzzle of the
    entire game. Too bad you can't save the game, but you can still do
    screenshots. Honestly, me getting into the library was a thrill all by
    itself!
    McG.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    > Now, do get this part: GETTING THE RACETRACK
    >KEY IS DOABLE! Hey, even *I've* done it! No, you can't cheat to get
    >it, ya have to get it the hard way Tomo. However, the sense of
    >accomplishment for one such as me is enormous. I've done it two or
    >three times, right in a row. So, you get your path worked out
    >correctly, then you get to practise that run dozens of times to iron out
    >all the rough edges so that it's a smooth run. You will actually have a
    >few seconds left over to have Lara stand there and just gloat a bit till
    >the door closes behind her :) Once IN the library, you still have to
    >find your way into the aquarium :) Once you have the key, you then have
    >to get back out. Methinks this was actually the best puzzle of the
    >entire game. Too bad you can't save the game, but you can still do
    >screenshots. Honestly, me getting into the library was a thrill all by
    >itself!
    >McG.

    And is it doable at any time? or does it have to wait until after the
    end of the game, like the bedside lock?
    ..
    ..
    "When in danger or in doubt,
    Run in circles, scream and shout"
    ..
    It's not just a management tool,
    It's a philosophy for living!!
    ..
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    >
    >> Now, do get this part: GETTING THE RACETRACK
    >> KEY IS DOABLE! Hey, even *I've* done it! No, you can't cheat to get
    >> it, ya have to get it the hard way Tomo. However, the sense of
    >> accomplishment for one such as me is enormous. I've done it two or
    >> three times, right in a row. So, you get your path worked out
    >> correctly, then you get to practise that run dozens of times to iron
    >> out all the rough edges so that it's a smooth run. You will
    >> actually have a few seconds left over to have Lara stand there and
    >> just gloat a bit till the door closes behind her :) Once IN the
    >> library, you still have to find your way into the aquarium :) Once
    >> you have the key, you then have to get back out. Methinks this was
    >> actually the best puzzle of the entire game. Too bad you can't save
    >> the game, but you can still do screenshots. Honestly, me getting
    >> into the library was a thrill all by itself!
    >> McG.
    >
    > And is it doable at any time? or does it have to wait until after the
    > end of the game, like the bedside lock?
    > .
    > .
    > "When in danger or in doubt,
    > Run in circles, scream and shout"
    > .
    > It's not just a management tool,
    > It's a philosophy for living!!
    > .

    Completely seperate! You can do the racetrack anytime you want. The
    bedside lock has to wait :)
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    > > While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    > > world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
    > >
    > >> Now, do get this part: GETTING THE RACETRACK
    > >> KEY IS DOABLE! Hey, even *I've* done it! No, you can't cheat to get
    > >> it, ya have to get it the hard way Tomo. However, the sense of
    > >> accomplishment for one such as me is enormous. I've done it two or
    > >> three times, right in a row. So, you get your path worked out
    > >> correctly, then you get to practise that run dozens of times to iron
    > >> out all the rough edges so that it's a smooth run. You will
    > >> actually have a few seconds left over to have Lara stand there and
    > >> just gloat a bit till the door closes behind her :) Once IN the
    > >> library, you still have to find your way into the aquarium :) Once
    > >> you have the key, you then have to get back out. Methinks this was
    > >> actually the best puzzle of the entire game. Too bad you can't save
    > >> the game, but you can still do screenshots. Honestly, me getting
    > >> into the library was a thrill all by itself!
    > >> McG.
    > >
    > > And is it doable at any time? or does it have to wait until after the
    > > end of the game, like the bedside lock?
    > > .
    > > .
    > > "When in danger or in doubt,
    > > Run in circles, scream and shout"
    > > .
    > > It's not just a management tool,
    > > It's a philosophy for living!!
    > > .
    >
    > Completely seperate! You can do the racetrack anytime you want. The
    > bedside lock has to wait :)

    Actually, the bedroom lock deal is part of another level. You can
    go fool around in Lara's house--that's the training level. Getting
    to the part where that lock works is the ending level. Sure, it
    *looks* like you're in the training level again, but no.

    I haven't tried this, but it might interesting to see if all of the
    training level is available (again) in the ending level. Except
    instead of Jeeves (Whinston) following you around, you'll have those
    thugs instead. :)

    -- G
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >>
    >> "Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
    >>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
    >>> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

    >>> And is it doable at any time? or does it have to wait until after
    >>> the end of the game, like the bedside lock?
    >>> .
    >>> .
    >>> "When in danger or in doubt,
    >>> Run in circles, scream and shout"
    >>> .
    >>> It's not just a management tool,
    >>> It's a philosophy for living!!
    >>> .
    >>
    >> Completely seperate! You can do the racetrack anytime you want.
    >> The bedside lock has to wait :)
    >
    > Actually, the bedroom lock deal is part of another level. You can
    > go fool around in Lara's house--that's the training level. Getting
    > to the part where that lock works is the ending level. Sure, it
    > *looks* like you're in the training level again, but no.
    >
    > I haven't tried this, but it might interesting to see if all of the
    > training level is available (again) in the ending level. Except
    > instead of Jeeves (Whinston) following you around, you'll have those
    > thugs instead. :)
    >
    > -- G

    I got ALL the baddies, didn't see Winston, and go on and try to get into
    the library now with Lara in her blue bathrobe. I'll have to try that
    again sometime, but...well, just go see what's still there or not now :)
    I tried it from a gamesave from right before you go into the room to
    trigger the end sequence.
    McG.

Rex Games Video Games