Hi All,

I've built system a year or less ago

Phenom II X4 550 Black Edition
ga-ma770t-ud3p
2x2GB ECS 1066Mhz Rams
ATi Radeon 4850 1GB DDR3
OCZ 500W PSU ocz500sxs
2x 500 GB Seagate Drives 7200 RPM

The system was mainly a gaming system until I got a Xbox 360 and then I was hooked into the console world and this PC was left for only 2 things

acting as HTPC (I've hidden the tower behind an LCD Screen) and working with architecture (modeling & rendering)

I had no Issues what so ever with it, until a few weeks ago

I press the power button ... the system starts as usual ... But no POST nothing on the screen @ all not even the single GFX Card beep ... but the fans and HD noise are all there ... and
the power button doesn't seem to work ... When I hold it to shut down the system it does nothing .. I have to manually shut the i/o switch on the PSU from behind.

So I left it for a few minutes ... Tried again, Worked fine .. I ignored the whole issue

A few days later the issue started to occur more often .. no post .. nothing on screen i/o psu ... now it won't even turn on No Power At all , Left it a few minutes removed cable plugged it in, Worked fine

Today is went worse .. from 20 times I tried unplugging and the i/o switch ... 2 out of the 20 it started and posted !

so I got pissed off, Opened the case, Removed everything except the CPU, I even removed the rams
No Beeps No POST !

installed the rams and the stuff back again, posted ! closed it and opened it back on NO POST !

So it seems to me its either the whole MOBO is acting up or the PSU is dying !

Note: The 12V on the mobo are 8-pins while the PSU is only 4, But it used to work never the less.

I heard some stuff about the OCZ ocz500sxs being a NOT so quality product, is that true ?

But I can't be really sure and I really don't trust the local repair shops,
So What do you guys think ?

EDIT : I tried one Ram stick ... No Rams sticks ... still no Post
I tried to clear the CMOS, There was a jumper I removed it.... No Post

cryptonx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Thanks but I don't have a spare mobo for now, I tried resetting the CPU .. but When I tried to remove the OEM heatsink the processor came out with it glued to the the heatsink, is this normal ? it scared the hell out of me !

cryptonx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry I forgot to ANSWER this

The problem was the stupid cheap OCZ powersupply .. I had GENERIC chinese PSUs that lived for 4-5 years and this OCZ just completes 1 year and dies :D

Anyways I replaced with a CoolerMaster Power Extreme or something like that with 500W as well,

But the Coolermaster power fan is loud, it sounds like a zig zag ... (gradual ascending - descending noise ) and I have some issues with Thermal Paste now I am workin on fixing ( IDLE @ 45 C )