Something Wrong with Hard drives?

ekkstra

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hey Guys,

I'm having a problem with what I presume is the hard drive(s) so I put it here in this section. I just built this PC around January so it's about 7-8 months old, I haven't had any problems with it till the last couple weeks with it slowing.

Here are the 2 drives i have:
1 - Western Digital 1TB http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053YKMGA/ref=ox_ya_os_product
1 - Crucial M4 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148442

My problem is that when I try to open like a folder or open a browser it will take forever to load and it will have that Circle animation loading on the mouse for several minutes until i ran out of patience and shut down the computer. It's like if the hard drive or SSD works when it feels like it. Sometimes I can't even load "My Computer" or load anything at all for a little bit until everything loads all in one time. I put my computer to sleep often so and that's when it happens the most when it boots up. Temps on it should not be a problem at all (below 35 C average).

If it's something other than these then I can post my specs..hopefully it's something not serious.

Thanks,

Solution
first off start with hd tune. look at the smart info for your hd and ssd. then run vendor test tools to see if there an issue with the drive or the ssd. (check the ssd firmware if it not patch there may be fixes but some updates will cause a full erase of the ssd.)
run ccleaner and defrag on the hard drive and not on the ssd. on the ssd you the ssd tools to do trim and garbage clean up.
check your anti virus see if it expired or is out of data. if it out of date or old uninstall it and reinstall a new free anti virus and do a full system scan. run malware bytes. see if you filled the ssd and it can make a swap file or if you filled your hard drive. make sure your mb chipset drivers are up to date.
first off start with hd tune. look at the smart info for your hd and ssd. then run vendor test tools to see if there an issue with the drive or the ssd. (check the ssd firmware if it not patch there may be fixes but some updates will cause a full erase of the ssd.)
run ccleaner and defrag on the hard drive and not on the ssd. on the ssd you the ssd tools to do trim and garbage clean up.
check your anti virus see if it expired or is out of data. if it out of date or old uninstall it and reinstall a new free anti virus and do a full system scan. run malware bytes. see if you filled the ssd and it can make a swap file or if you filled your hard drive. make sure your mb chipset drivers are up to date.

Solution