Wireless signal seemingly randomly failing

afsf

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
Here is my current set up:

comcast cable modem hooked up to Linksys WRT54G v1 router (the newer one with the hidden antennas that is all black). This router has one PC hooked up to it via cable (windows xp 32), and then we have another pc wirelessly connected using a linksys wmp54g v3 card (windows 7 64bit, using the ralink drivers). This pc is not connected directly to the router, instead it goes thru a WRE54g 'bridge'.

I have flashed ddwrt onto the router, and it improved its performance, albeit slightly

My problem:

On the pc connected wirelessly the signal seemingly randomly breaks (stops working, I need to reset any # of items to get it working again, sometimes disabling/enabling the wifi card works, othertimes restarting the PC that is wired to the router works (this seems very odd?)

I have tried many things (namely flashing the router, and using different wifi cards) but all to no avail. It also seems that this happens much less frequently when the wired PC is turned off.

Any help is appreciated, thanks again!

Also, it seems that right after everything is reset it lasts for longer before i get connection issues, and sometimes it fixes itself w/o having to reset anything

G

Check TCP/IP Properties on both computers.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

TRENDING THREADS