Zakume

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Quick question here, might seem stupid but I want to make sure. When installing the motherboard standoffs do they all have to screw in all the way? The reason I ask this is because I've read that screwing them in too tightly will damage the threads on the standoffs and in my case they are really tight, but only about 3/4 of the way screwed in. So...should I try to force screw them all down or can they be used while only 3/4 of the way down?

(Case is Cooler Master 690 II Adv)

Solution
screw them all the way in, but once it sits 'tight' at the bottom of its travel, stop trying to tighten them, thats how you damage the threads,
you need to have them all sat flush to the tray though, or you can have issues flexing your Mobo once you screw that onto them, and you pcie cards may not sit right on the stays.
Moto
screw them all the way in, but once it sits 'tight' at the bottom of its travel, stop trying to tighten them, thats how you damage the threads,
you need to have them all sat flush to the tray though, or you can have issues flexing your Mobo once you screw that onto them, and you pcie cards may not sit right on the stays.
Moto

Solution