Connect 3.5" HDD to poweresata socket?

overlof

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I try to figure out how to get enough power to start my 3.5" HDD working on my P8Z77-V Deluxe. Before this motherboard I had MA790XT-UD4p with usual esata scheme (esata cord + power cable) so I had no issues with it.
2.5" SSD no problem now but 2Tb green WD doesn't work.
Thx for any kind of help ; )

D

Deleted member 217926

SATA data cable from the motherboard to the drive and a SATA power cable from the power supply to the hard drive......just like any other hard drive setup. This is an internal drive correct?

You can try a different SATA cable and or port as well.

overlof

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Sry for bad explanation.
I want to connect usual internal 3.5" HDD as external via powerESATA cord to the back panel of my PC because my motherboard have two powerEsata sockets, not two eSATA + socket for power.
I mean in my motherboard you have only one cable to connect HDD

overlof

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010

The problem is that all of my SATAs on my motherboard in use now (I have 4 hdds, 1 ssd + DVD drive). So I want to use two poweresata sockets which are situated on the back panel of my motherboard.

overlof

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010

Thank you for your response.
I understand what you mean, but i think it's not easy to go this way every time I want to connect my internal drives for backups.
You mean I need to hold my computer case open to make it work. But... It's very silly that my new (more expensive) motherboard can't do what my old motherboard did (I mean usability and time profit).
Or I need new PSU to make it work just fine ;)
`Thanks.