Sign in with
Your question

Hd 5970 fan is stuck

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 13, 2010 10:10:51 PM

Hello,
i have just got my sapphire hd 5970 oc edision...
but the fan dosent work. ccc says it 29% fan speed but the fan start and stops like it is stuck.. that i think it is... what shall i do ?

More about : 5970 fan stuck

May 13, 2010 10:21:47 PM

Take the card out and try to spin the fan freely..if it's stuck and you run a 5970..your going to burn that card up within minutes. If the fan is dead, or the bearing is bad, send your card back
May 13, 2010 11:24:03 PM

the fan is not dead.. and i have tryed to gently press on the fan. and its about 2 am now in Finland where i live so i will take and screw the backplate of and see if there is anything int the way of the fan.. i downloaded afterburner and runned the fan at 100% as ccc couldent do.. but it had some kind of rippeling sound but its like the fan is pushed to far in. but how can i get the fan out a bit so i can spin as it wants ??? ... and sorry 4/for bad spelling .. from Finland .. no english
Related resources
May 13, 2010 11:29:18 PM

no no no... don't remove anything best thing to do is to call your supplier as soon as possible and tell them whats happened an get a replacement, or call the manufacturing company if you open it you can VOID your warranty an you will of wasted your money!

i know your must be concerned but dont jump to anything, expecially if its 2am you need time to think and i think you should deal with it in the morning. You will save yourself ALOT of hassell in the long run my friend
May 14, 2010 7:53:18 AM

I dident opened it... i downloaded afterburner and had the fan to go on 100% but it as it was before it is stuck and make an aful sound evry 15-20 secund...
i dont think that i can calkl my supplier becouse i ordered it some time ago and i think my 14 days has expired i had an xion 630 watts psu before but i red on the pagage and it said it had to be 650watt i ordered an corsair hx 850 and i dident know the fan wasent spinning before i was playing... when i am playing the first 2 minutes are good and after that its like verical synk was on lagg like hell and bad grafic.. i started to see what was wrong i figured out the fan wasent spining and posted for help here.. :) 
May 14, 2010 1:02:24 PM

RMA to Sapphire, you spent a good amount of money on the card and shouldn't be messing with a bad card. Send it back before you void the warranty.
May 14, 2010 2:52:12 PM

i have been looking around on the net and i saw that sapphire and xfx sends new fans to them that is not working are that true ? i made an support ticket and i am waiting for answer form them i allsow send to pixmania.com where i bought it from that it was something wrong whit my card
!