Critique my budget build

trackready

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next 2-4 weeks

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Web Browsing, Photo Editing, HD Video (ie Netflix stream), general multimedia use

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, tigerdirect, amazon

PARTS PREFERENCES: none, looking for bang for buck here

OVERCLOCKING: maybe some modest OC, not required

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080 21.5 dell lcd

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This is a build for my wife, she normally just does things listed above. Web browsing, photo editing and streaming movies accounts for 95% of its use. Will possibly hook to LCD TV for streaming in the future. Not sure if I should use integrated graphics or something cheap like a 4650. Will probably upgrade the card down the road. Overdue for a new build for myself and am trying to not "overbuild" this one for no reason. Budget is flexible if someone can suggest something much better for minimal dollar increase. Really want to keep it under 800 though... After that a i5 750 just makes more sense.

Took a screen shot because of combo deals.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

trackready

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for the response, I agree that the case is too much... but the wife likes the looks of it, and I really like the cable management it offers.
Are cooler master power supplies normally ok? I have used corsairs in the past, newegg reviews seem good on the CM, its also 80+ and modular which I like.
What do you think about running integrated graphics? Is it worth getting something like a 4650 for 50 bucks or will they suffice for a non-gaming computer? I do plan to upgrade this is the future but for now if the integrated will work I might stick with it.

Fresh builds go with DDR3 platforms and your needs would be fine with the latest 800 series IGP ^^ Wanna hit a discrete definitely not worth forking out $$ for a HD 4650 hehe
$537AR with OS incuded
Untitled-181.jpg