Break Contract?

Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?

If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.
5 answers Last reply
More about break contract

    I don't know exactly how this would work but Cingular might think that
    you have already broken the contract and charge you the substantial
    fee to get out of the contract.

    You should contact them by phone and determine exactly where you stand
    with them.

    In article <1112227219.307202.247820@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    mzmahoney@gmail.com wrote:

    > Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
    > my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
    > website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?

    Absolutely, and they should also pay you damages. Write to their legal
    department. They have paid in the past for their errors.

    <mzmahoney@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
    > my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
    > website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
    >
    > If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
    > pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.

    good luck.
    just call them up, explain you paid online, show them the receipt you
    printed with the date on it.
    you should beable to get it all fixed up.

    your not going to get out of contract, and if you dont pay or fix this, it
    will go to collections.

    Aaron wrote:
    > <mzmahoney@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
    >>my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
    >>website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
    >>
    >>If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
    >>pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.
    >>

    > good luck.
    > just call them up, explain you paid online, show them the receipt you
    > printed with the date on it.
    > you should beable to get it all fixed up.
    >
    > your not going to get out of contract, and if you dont pay or fix this, it
    > will go to collections.

    I think he has.

    Chip

    > Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
    > my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
    > website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
    >
    > If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
    > pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.

    Which date was payment DUE and which date did you MAKE the payment?

Cingular At&T Internet Service Providers