Break Contract?

Last response: in Network Providers
March 30, 2005 8:00:19 PM

Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?

If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.

More about : break contract

March 30, 2005 9:35:43 PM

I don't know exactly how this would work but Cingular might think that
you have already broken the contract and charge you the substantial
fee to get out of the contract.

You should contact them by phone and determine exactly where you stand
with them.

On 30 Mar 2005 16:00:19 -0800, mzmahoney@gmail.com wrote:

>Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
>my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
>website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
>
>If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
>pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 3:33:52 PM

In article <1112227219.307202.247820@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
mzmahoney@gmail.com wrote:

> Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
> my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
> website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?

Absolutely, and they should also pay you damages. Write to their legal
department. They have paid in the past for their errors.

> If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
> pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.
Related resources
March 31, 2005 8:23:59 PM

<mzmahoney@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
> my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
> website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
>
> If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
> pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.

good luck.
just call them up, explain you paid online, show them the receipt you
printed with the date on it.
you should beable to get it all fixed up.

your not going to get out of contract, and if you dont pay or fix this, it
will go to collections.
Anonymous
March 31, 2005 11:52:13 PM

Aaron wrote:
> <mzmahoney@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
>>my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
>>website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
>>
>>If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
>>pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.
>>

> good luck.
> just call them up, explain you paid online, show them the receipt you
> printed with the date on it.
> you should beable to get it all fixed up.
>
> your not going to get out of contract, and if you dont pay or fix this, it
> will go to collections.

I think he has.

Chip
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 5:13:29 AM

> Since AT&T made a big mistake on their part and had Cingular disconnect
> my service for non-payment even though I paid on time through their
> website can I break the Cingular contract without a fee?
>
> If they don't cooperate I plan to not pay and if they still try to
> pursue or mark my credit I plan to file a lawsuit against them.

Which date was payment DUE and which date did you MAKE the payment?
!