Sign in with
Your question

SSD wont boot in AHCI

Last response: in Storage
August 14, 2012 4:54:44 PM

I have a Kingston Hyperx 3K and AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 Mobo and when I was installing windows 7 for the first time I tried AHCI and I would get a very quick blue screen then the computer would reboot and it would continue this cycle until I powered down. I read to try booting it into IDE which fixed that problem and now windows is working however I was told AHCI is better than IDE for SSD. I have tried various methods (regedit for one) to be able to change the sata controller back to AHCI but everytime I have gotten the same message "BootMgmt missing"

Any ideas?

More about : ssd wont boot ahci

a c 353 G Storage
August 14, 2012 4:57:40 PM

Did You change Bios to AHCI, then Do the reg edit. If so that is the reason.

Must change registry, then reboot and change Bios.

SEE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
select eith "Fix it" or let me Fix it method
m
l
August 14, 2012 5:07:28 PM

Yup that was the first thing I tried. All the registry items except one were already set to 0. I only had to change one of them. Went to reboot and and change to ahci and it still said BOOtMgr missing.

EDIT: It says BootMgr missing...not Boot Mgmt
It then just says press ctrl alt del to restart and it continues this cycle until i change back to ide
m
l
Related resources
a c 353 G Storage
August 14, 2012 5:26:20 PM

Is the firmware for the SSD the latest.
also (probably more important) is Your Bios Up todate.
m
l
August 14, 2012 5:53:23 PM

whowhodilly said:
Yup that was the first thing I tried. All the registry items except one were already set to 0. I only had to change one of them. Went to reboot and and change to ahci and it still said BOOtMgr missing.

EDIT: It says BootMgr missing...not Boot Mgmt
It then just says press ctrl alt del to restart and it continues this cycle until i change back to ide

RetiredChief said:
Is the firmware for the SSD the latest.
also (probably more important) is Your Bios Up todate.

as far as i know there is no firmware update for my ssd yet and yes bios is up to date
m
l
!