Sign in with
Your question

Black screen and reboot when watching video

Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2010 4:57:44 AM

I'm having the worst issue with my computer. Games run fine, but anything 2D crashes it within minutes. Flash, or just stuff in VLC. Doesn't matter. The screen goes back, and the computer immediately reboots itself.

Here is the PC Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I7860
Video Card: ZOTAC ZT-X26E3KM-FSP GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
MotherBoard: Intel BOXDH55TC LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX
Power Supply: XFX P1-650X-CAG9 650W

I've replaced the video card. Updated the BIOS. Ensured all the drivers were updated. This is really frustrating me because there's no error codes. No blue screen, nothing even in event viewer as far as I can tell. So it's very hard to google it. Thus, I'm appealing to the forums. I don't see how it can be a power problem if games work. CPU's definitely not overheating. Memory tests come out clean. I really don't know what to do...
June 22, 2010 7:20:00 PM

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2854393?tstart=0 maybe you can find some answers in there, they had a similar issue

one changed a setting in the BIOS to fix his problem, another had simply updated drivers for their video card

i know back in the day when i had issues with my pc rebooting it was due to bad ram
Related resources
!