Help with TR1 for XP

I have downloaded both the advanced installer, and the glidos engine for
TR to make it work on my XP. When I try to run it, my monitor goes all
funky. Can anyone help, or ask someone at Eidos to re-engineer TR1 for XP?
--
Peter A Parent
Groveton, NH

Eidos won't re-create TR1, guarantee

-Chris

"Aaron Parent" <aparent@localnet.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded both the advanced installer, and the glidos engine
> for TR to make it work on my XP. When I try to run it, my monitor
> goes all funky. Can anyone help, or ask someone at Eidos to
> re-engineer TR1 for XP? --
> Peter A Parent
> Groveton, NH
> paparent28@hotpop.com
> aparent@localnet.com

Peter, you might consider munging your real email addys to use them in
usenet. Your emails will be harvested by unscrupulous and very low
life type bulk mailer types. You will begin reaping spam galore in your
emails. That's point one.

Point two.
Many people over the years since its release have asked for Core
Design/EIDOS to "fix" Tombraider so it will run better on more modern
systems. It's not going to happen. What Core did do was to create
several different Tombraider executeables to run with different graphics
chipsets of the day. The most useful one of these was the version for
the Voodoo Rush card. That version ran under a GLide 'wrapper' in
Windows 95. It's also the version of TOMB.EXE you have to use with Paul
Gardiners GliDOS. So, if you are using an incorrect TOMB.EXE it will
cause GliDOS to return an error or give you a rotten looking screen.
Even if you're using the right TOMB.EXE you can use settings that your
current vid card and/or its driver cannot handle properly in GliDOS.
The introduction to GliDOS tells you it will work with most modern 3D
accelerator cards that are fully supported by Windows. You might have a
video card or onboard graphics that don't have full 3D support. For
anyone to be able to help, more information about your system is needed.
Most importantly, what video card (or onboard graphics chip) does your
system have and also what driver set are installed for it.
McG.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

>"Aaron Parent" <aparent@localnet.com> wrote in message
>> I have downloaded both the advanced installer, and the glidos engine
>> for TR to make it work on my XP. When I try to run it, my monitor
>> goes all funky. Can anyone help, or ask someone at Eidos to
>> re-engineer TR1 for XP? --
>> Peter A Parent
>> Groveton, NH
>> paparent28@hotpop.com
>> aparent@localnet.com
>
>Peter, you might consider munging your real email addys to use them in
>usenet. Your emails will be harvested by unscrupulous and very low
>life type bulk mailer types. You will begin reaping spam galore in your
>emails. That's point one.
>
>Point two.
>Many people over the years since its release have asked for Core
>Design/EIDOS to "fix" Tombraider so it will run better on more modern
>systems. It's not going to happen. What Core did do was to create
>several different Tombraider executeables to run with different graphics
>chipsets of the day. The most useful one of these was the version for
>the Voodoo Rush card. That version ran under a GLide 'wrapper' in
>Windows 95. It's also the version of TOMB.EXE you have to use with Paul
>Gardiners GliDOS. So, if you are using an incorrect TOMB.EXE it will
>cause GliDOS to return an error or give you a rotten looking screen.
>Even if you're using the right TOMB.EXE you can use settings that your
>current vid card and/or its driver cannot handle properly in GliDOS.
>The introduction to GliDOS tells you it will work with most modern 3D
>accelerator cards that are fully supported by Windows. You might have a
>video card or onboard graphics that don't have full 3D support. For
>anyone to be able to help, more information about your system is needed.
>Most importantly, what video card (or onboard graphics chip) does your
>system have and also what driver set are installed for it.
>McG.

May I also point you towards this page which *I* found helpful

http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

It seems to say that we're RELATIVELY safer here on Usenet, but of
course, many things have changed since '03 (few of them for the
better).
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,