Buying RMA'ed Hard drives risk? help

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Hi, I have been thnking about buying rma'ed hard drives and thinking about the risk? will I have problems with this? the price is 1/3 of the new one. Also is it okay to buy ide hard drives, I know theyre old but since its rma it might still work. what are your thoughts on this? To put everything in perspective 160gb ide for less than $22. These are sealed rmaed drives.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
yeah your right..i was also thinking that since ide is older tech.. its an older stock even though they're both sealed. I am still thinking about getting another drive..cause right now I am deleting most movies on the hard drive.. i dont think it makes sense to collect all those movies.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I agree.. but in real life the difference in speed is not seen. It might be more prominent in a boot drive. Anyways I opted to just burn the movies the like in dvd and just let them sit there. Most likely I won't watch them again. If it doesn't work I can always download again. Almost everyone has a stack of dvds or vcds in their drawers and the chances of them getting used again are 10% to none..heheh..