Fresh install on new HD - user settings on old HD password..

My MB fried so I upgraded from my Athlon XP 1800+ to a Athlon 64 3200+. My
old C drive was too full to repair or reinstall so I did a fresh xp home
install on a new drive C and renamed the old drive. All is running well now.

My problem;

The xp administrator account on the old drive is password protected, so I
get an "access denied" message whenever I try to access any user info in
documents and settings such as bookmarks and address books. This was my first
ever major system failure and I've learned several valuable lessons from it,
but I'd really like to at least get my bookmarks and address book back if
possible. FYI, files and settings tranfer wizard is of no use.

Is anyone aware of a workaround for this problem?

Thanks

It sounds as if you've got to take ownership of the files and
folders on your old drive. You might want to take a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

--
Nepatsfan