Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Did i destroy my cpu

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 20, 2010 1:15:57 AM

When i put my i-3 into the holster and pressed down there was alot of resistance, a friend told me that there wouldnt be another said its allways different but i do not have ram yet( it is still coming in the mail. Is there a way to test if the cpu is alive without ram can i boot up a mother board plug it in and test.
Get back to me :sweat: 

More about : destroy cpu

August 20, 2010 1:19:11 AM

There is no way to boot a pc without RAM, but be careful with your cpu in the meantime.
m
l
a c 133 à CPUs
August 20, 2010 1:20:25 AM

Nope no way to test without RAM you will just have to wait. I dont quite understand what you mean by resistance the CPU will just drop right into place as long as you line up the notches. The metal plate can be a little tough to clip down sometimes but even that is not that hard to do.
m
l
Related resources
August 20, 2010 1:51:12 AM

saaiello said:
Nope no way to test without RAM you will just have to wait. I dont quite understand what you mean by resistance the CPU will just drop right into place as long as you line up the notches. The metal plate can be a little tough to clip down sometimes but even that is not that hard to do.

The chip went in fine but there was alot of resistance on the cage closing down..
m
l

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
August 20, 2010 4:09:29 AM

tedsomango said:
The chip went in fine but there was alot of resistance on the cage closing down..

You have nothing to worry about.
August 27, 2010 1:17:39 AM

Best answer selected by tedsomango.
m
l
!