AMD Athlon 2 x3 Unlocking (I think I did it!)

YYZ-Geddy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Did I do this right?

I got my computer built (first one) and went into the BIOS prior to installing any OS.

I have an Asus 785g motherboard (M4A785TD-EVO), and set the ACC to "auto" then the Unleashing Mode to "Enabled".

I saved, and rebooted.

The computer beeped a couple times (seemed to take a wee bit longer to boot back up), and when I went into the BIOS, I see I now have:

AMD Phenom ii x4 B45 processor!

512 KB in Cache L1

Cache L2 is 2048 KB

Cache L3 is 6 MB.

I guess I did it!

So, how do I tell if it's "stable" or not?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

Guys, what's with the "I approve your name" thing? Some kind of secret code or something?... :heink:

YYZ-Geddy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Glad you guys like the name ;)

Actually, I'm going to see them this Friday!

Anyway, I got my new build up and running. It works fine with the triple core processor; I can unlock the 4th core, but I am unable to boot windows (computer keeps restarting). I tried adjusting voltage and what not (per some guides here and links to guides) but I think it's just a defective core. No biggie.

Ran the Prime95 Blend test for an hour, and the max temp there was 42 C.

Thanks for the help. Am running Dragons Age now, with no problems at all, with all settings maxed and a core temp of 32 C.

This site is really great for a person learning to build a new system.

lovershane

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
what settings u used for the stability with the level 3 catch..cause i have the same problem.....i can unlock the 4th core but unable to boot in to windows..with the 4th core disabled i can boot into windows with 3cores and the level 3 catch enable...but sometimes my system have random crashes...what voltage settings u use??..could u also print screen ur results of CPU-Z to this post plllzz..Thanks.. :)