Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dual pentium replacing CPU in Toshiba A15 S127

Last response: in CPUs
August 20, 2010 3:46:36 AM

Hey, I bought a dual Pentium 1.86 ghz for my Toshiba A15 S127, despite the FSB speeds and socket types being the same, it did not boot up. Do you guys know how to get this processor to work in this laptop? Perhaps flashing the bios with a different model? I dunno I need some help here, laptops aren't my strong suite.
a c 131 à CPUs
August 20, 2010 3:56:41 AM

I really hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you are going to have to try to get your money back.
m
l
August 20, 2010 1:00:41 PM

So no possible way? I mean the sockets are exactly the same, FSB matching at 533 mhz. I mean there must be some discernable way for it to boot up with the CPU
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 133 à CPUs
August 20, 2010 1:11:49 PM

Unless you can find a bios update somewhere you will not be able to do anything since laptop cpu upgrades are simply a crap shoot. Laptop manufacturers wil only write support into the bios for the CPU's it will come with so if it was never a choice it simply does not have the support for it. They will not update the bios because they dont want you to upgrade they want you to buy a new laptop.
a c 131 à CPUs
August 20, 2010 3:58:28 PM

MasterYster said:
So no possible way? I mean the sockets are exactly the same, FSB matching at 533 mhz. I mean there must be some discernable way for it to boot up with the CPU

You didn't check the chipset support?

That could be your issue. If not, then it is the bios that is the issue. Either way, there is nothing you can do about it. You can't flash other bios's and I wouldn't recommend it even if you could because of the high risk of bricking your computer.
m
l
August 21, 2010 11:01:06 PM

Best answer selected by MasterYster.
m
l
!