How to install win7 into new ssd

drenboi

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
hi there!

so i just bought a new computer, and i want to replace the hard drive with an ssd
the hard drive with the computer obviously has an OS installed in it, and i am assuming that the ssd does not

since everything is new (i have not turned the machine on yet!), and i'm assuming that there is no OS on the ssd, i am wondering how i can get my windows7 os onto the ssd! and how would i make the ssd run as optimally as possible?

i am not tech savvy at all, so if possible, please describe the steps to me as simply as possible :)

Don't have to assume much about a new drive not having Windows installed, none do.

You have a few options. Use your restore disks (you can make a set as most vendors provide a utility for that) to install Windows on the SSD. You can also use a cloning or imaging software like Clonezilla to make a copy of your hard-drive on the SSD, which you'd install as a second drive. Then just make the SSD the first bootable device in the BIOS, should work.

Hi,

Just unplug you old HD, plug in your SSD and boot from windows 7 installation cd.
Install windows as normal sata drive.
You don't need to tweak SSD, win 7 installed and "tweak" itself.
But if you feel like you might need to, you can go on SSD manifacturer site and download tweak program