Random freezes and crashes during post and when the Win7 is loaded

Keldonia

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
So here's the problem my computer is freezing randomly, sometimes in posts, sometimes once the OS is loaded. However, every so often I am greeted by a blank screen when I boot up the computer, though this has become more frequent. Today, it when booting I encounter a long persistent beep, that did not stop until reboot. I have tried reseating the ram, checked the connections to the PSU, took out and put back the GPUs, and checked the connections with all the hard drives. The CPU fan is well seated on the CPU as well. I have also tried reinstalling the OS. The computer ran fine since February and is now constantly crashing. When it works its asks for all the BIOS information to be re-entered, needless to say everything is at stock, though the hard drives need to be shuffled for boot.

The Parts:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD EVO
RAM: 4 sticks of Kingston ValuRAM 2GB DDR3 1333 for 8GB total
GPU: 2 Sapphire VaporX 5770s in CF
OS HD: OCZ Vertex 60GB
HD: 1.5 TB Samsung & 500 GB Samsung
PSU: 700W Cooler Master Silent Pro

Note: crashes occur before GPUs spin up, usually while idle and everything stays nice and cool. CPU in the 37-39C depending on load and the GPUs usually stay in the 40s C. Also was stable with this build for several months.