Sign in with
Your question

System repair loop, no safe mode, about to clean install, HELP!

Last response: in Windows 7
October 31, 2011 12:35:10 PM

Corrupted file due to recenv.exe (windows repair says is due to libreoffice) and to run chkdsk utilities
I ran chkdsk under prompt and it says no problems found

I have spent the last several hours to no avail

I spent lots of time here
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...9a22c60?page=1

Tried the bootrec.exe /fixmbr and /rebuildbcd with no help (it says I have zero tota indentified windows installations)

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have saved system restore points but they are .zip files and cannot load when I'm trying to do a system restore via the system recovery options. I have since moved the zipped system restore files to an SD card just in case

See my specs below

Please help! I want to avoid the 34 step process of a clean install!

thanks for any teachings you can give
ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme Memory
16GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Graphics Card
Palit GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Hard Drive
64GB Crucial SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD Power Supply
Corsair TX750W Case
CM Storm Scout
CPU cooling
Stock AMD 1100T GPU cooling
Stock Monitor
Samsung SyncMaster S23A350H
October 31, 2011 2:08:39 PM

Well seems like your screwed at the moment. I would suggest just do the reload and then create the system recovery disk when you get it just how you like it.. Then this issue will not cause all the stress it is now. Just make sure you backup any changes you make along the way after SRD is created. I have basicly the same system with a 1090T and have run into this issue a few times not sure if its an SSD issue or not but after 3 reloads seems rock solid now.

T
m
l
November 1, 2011 8:52:53 AM

I tried to reinstall but it says I need my SSD is filled and it needs another 6GB for install. Do I have to reformat my SSD and re-install after that?

I can still see all my data when I look for a system restore file
m
l
November 2, 2011 9:48:45 AM

Anyone? I'm desparate here
m
l
!