Motherboard is running but windows not opened

G

Hello,
when i want to start my windows 1st i press the power switch.motherboard's fan is running for 2 or 3 seconds.after that it stop.again and again i try to power switch on same problem occured also in case of restart switch.i use xfx 630i motherboard with os windows xp sp2. actually i unplug the wire "hdd led+- reset etc" then i replug it.i plug according to what is written in motherboard such as reset,hdd led etc. it may be faulty. is the problem is caused by this? please help.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Hello,
when i want to start my windows 1st i press the power switch.motherboard's fan is running for 2 or 3 seconds.after that it stop.again and again i try to power switch on same problem occured also in case of restart switch.i use xfx 630i motherboard with os windows xp sp2. actually i unplug the wire "hdd led+- reset etc" then i replug it.i plug according to what is written in motherboard such as reset,hdd led etc. it may be faulty. is the problem is caused by this? please help.

Your windows is not running?

That is good news...

Windows are very hard to catch once they start to run....

Now don't even get me started about when my fridge started to run.

larz

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I cannot find the switch on my processor. I believe my motherboard went with the switch to the windows. Now if I can just track down the windows............. I will find the switch for the processor with the motherboard and windows!!!!!!! silly old windows always getting into trouble!