Having two invidia GX2 GPU's-how to fix them into my motherboard+SLI

thehok

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Hello..
First of all thank you for helping me the last time regarding my 32-bit OS
Now it’s a 64-bit and it can read all my hardware.
----
I recently monitored my system after upgrading my OS to 64-bit and even before I upgrade it I noticed that my two invidia Geforce 9800 GX2 graphic carder are heating in which I can cook an egg on them… is it normal to heat that much I even cant touch them for 4 seconds.. And it’s without me playing any game just the desktop screen after turning on my PC in 7 minutes it will heat.
Maybe it’s not installed correctly that’s what I’m thinking.
I have Striker II Formula motherboard it will have two blue color GPU slot and one white GPU slot in between.
My first Graphic card is in the blue GPU slot near the processor and the second Graphic Card is in the white GPU slot under it with SLI bridge cable connecting the two GPU’s and in windows it will read them normally but the heating is worrying me.
Is this the right setting for two graphic cards with SLI in a motherboard?

AstroTC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Both GPUs should be in the blue slots so thats your first mistake..9800 cards are known to run hot but put the cards in the correct slots then post back ok?

thehok

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Sorry for the late reply
But the second blue slot is near the motherboard USB pins the 9800 is so big it cover the USB pins that’s why I inserted it in the white slot for me to use all features in my motherboard plus it covers two of the PCI slots if I inserted it in the second blue slot?.

thehok

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
I have inserted the second Graphic Card into the second blue slot as you mentioned at the end of the motherboard. When switching on the PC windows will only read the first graphic card (slot one) but it will not read the second one which I shifted from the white AVG slot to second blue slot!!!! its if there is nothing inserted..
is there any thing to do with the BIOS setting for the motherboard to recognize the second graphic card in blue slot number two?