Q9550 and gtx 470 bottleneck???

Hey,

I was thinking about upgrade from my current xfx gtx 260 b.e to gtx 470.

My current specs:

mobo: p5q se2 (p45)
CPU: q9550
ram: 4gb ocz reaper
psu: antec 650 true power
gpu: xfx gtx 260 black edition.

Question:

Will gpu upgrade really benefit me OR i will get bottleneck with my cpu/specs and just forget it and do new build (probably not right now) with i7???

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about q9550 bottleneck
  1. Well that depends on few things first off what resolution do you typical run games at, 2nd is your cpu overclocked,

if your running at a low res and, it isn't overclocked then yes it will blockeck the 470,

but at something like 1080p or 1920x1200 with even a small overclock you should be in the clear
  2. jonnyboyC said:
    Well that depends on few things first off what resolution do you typical run games at, 2nd is your cpu overclocked,

if your running at a low res and, it isn't overclocked then yes it will blockeck the 470,

but at something like 1080p or 1920x1200 with even a small overclock you should be in the clear

I use my native 1680 x 1050 and as for cpu i'm running it on TRUE so 3.4 , 3.6 shouldnt be a problem.

As for the games i.e mw2, bfbc2, etc...

Thanks in advance
  3. you may see bottlenecks in mw2 but as for bfbc2 their is a ton of gpu stress so it should be to a mimimal at 3.4 or 6, And it really won't matter too much in mw2 anyways, because unless your running a 120hz monitor you'll for sure be running over 60fps
  4. hi Ketrab....sorry i don't mean to intrude on your thread, it's just i'm planning on getting the exact same system you currently have and was wondering about the performance in games, i mean like you games like bfbc2, how much FPS do you get at your resolution? and in general...how is the performance in the latest games?

thnx mate...
  5. if your building a new system, i wouldn't go for a q9550 if you building a new system, if your going for a new system you'd be better off with a PII 955 or a core i5 750
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Gtx Bottleneck Graphics