Help me for upgrade pls :)

jansen42

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
What do i need to buy to have a good pc that can run a ps2 emu or play games like WoW? I really need an upgrade T_T

AMD Sempron Processor
3200+
1.81 GHz, 496 MB of RAM

I don't really know what should i put here sorry. Thanks in advance :)

You could add a graphics card.That would allow you to play games but i don't think it's even worth it.Looks like you need an upgrade pretty bad.Do you have the budget for it?

Realized you said PS2.I think your computer matches or surpasses what PS2's have in their system.Adding a graphic card you could play all those games and maybe WoW on low settings.

What's your current graphics card and power supply?

jansen42

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011

Umm it's NVIDIA GeForce 6100 and the power supply is Radius ATX P4 500w. Well I'm still saving money but now I think I can only buy ram :??:

Thank you ^_^

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Yah, you need a total system upgrade... Its not worth your time just to upgrade each computer part individually.

edit: scratch that... Tell me.. what is your budget? If your willing to play WOW on low settings as the person above said, you only need to up your graphics. But I would suggest you upgrade your processor + your ram+ your graphics card for the long run.

What i was thinking was he could upgrade to a really cheap card to play both PS2 and WoW but i got to thinking it's really not worth it.That computer's just going to become a money pit that way.
Just wait till you have enough money for a total system upgrade.

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I agree... but when I think about it, he will never need anything fancy. if this is all he is doing, the most he will need is a core2duo and a 5770...Even this might be a little much...

jansen42

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
My friend told me to buy a 2GB ram for my pc to run a bit fast, but i don't know what should i do for the other parts. Can you suggest some so i know what should i buy?

And a pc that can run call of duty smoothly is ok umm forget WoW :D i really don't have a plan to play wow i'm really really really sorry for that :(

and thanks to the both of you for replying to my post :D

maziar321

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Omg dude, we really can't help you without a budget. And ram will only help you so much, but the processor and ( I think the gpu) are really bottle necking you. You have to me more specific. What's your budget? EXACTLY what games do you want to play? We really need more info.

/rant