Ugh, unknown power issues, help!

blargus

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
So my computer is currently not turning on but DOES have power to the motherboard.

The entire system was up and running earlier today 100% and i went to put a graphics card in (the PSU has enough power for the entire system, including the gfx card)...forgot to unplug PSU and hit something inside that caused the computer to turn on.

i hit the power button to turn the system off again so i could unplug it but the power button was not responding so i turned off the PSU power switch and unplugged it, thinking it was no big deal.

i installed the card and had everything good to go again, all plugs in, everything looked good - i plugged in the PSU and flip the switch then hit the power button and NOTHING happened. <- which is where i am at now.

the motherboard is getting power (little green light whenever PSU is on) but the power button is not turning the system on and i have no idea how to fix this or what might be wrong. i tried resetting the motherboard and rechecking the connections to the motherboard.

any advice is appreciated, thanks.