How can I enable Intel Smart Response?

Tags:
  • SSD
  • Intel
  • Disk Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
August 15, 2012 7:32:48 PM

Hi, I have a laptop that used to run off a single SSD in AHCI mode. I wanted more space so I decided to use the Intel Smart Response caching that my laptop supports. Here's the steps I have taken:

1) Cloned the SSD to a standard disk drive with DriveImage XML.

2) Changed the boot disk. At this point I had a Z: drive that was my old SSD, and I changed my disk drive to C: where the old SSD lived. I could boot in AHCI mode to my C: disk drive and everything worked, but the Intel Rapid Storage GUI had no options to "Accelerate".

3) I read that Intel Smart Response required the hard drive controller to be in RAID mode, so I did the registry hack changing the value in iaStorV from 3 to 0. Some drivers installed successfully, and now I can boot in RAID mode just as I did in AHCI mode. Unfortunately, not only is there still no option to accelerate, but all my drives are now listed as 0 GB unknown location drives in the Intel Rapid Storage GUI.

Here's a picture of what the Rapid Storage GUI looks like: http://i.imgur.com/JhTIt.png

Anyone know how to proceed? Do I need to create an actual RAID volume in order to use Smart Response caching?

More about : enable intel smart response

!