Recover data from a laptop hdd

cj2k82193

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
My alienware m17x r3's motherboard went today two days before I head off to college and I am trying to recover documents and other files from the Hard Drive. What is the best way to go about this and should I get someone that is a professional to do it. I am not a great hardware person but I have taken my computer apart before and installed ram. What i have been able to look up suggests that buying an enclosure with usb is the best route and if so is that simple enough for me to do myself?

Solution
If you're sure the motherboard is faulty, and your HDD is OK, you can go to nearest BestBuy / Fry's / etc, and get an external 2.5" HDD case (empty), it should not cost more that $20. Put your hard drive inside, now you have an external HDD you can plug into (almost) any computer and read off the data.
If you're sure the motherboard is faulty, and your HDD is OK, you can go to nearest BestBuy / Fry's / etc, and get an external 2.5" HDD case (empty), it should not cost more that $20. Put your hard drive inside, now you have an external HDD you can plug into (almost) any computer and read off the data.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS