SR-71 Blackbird said:
Are the drives getting power.Have you checked the sata and power connections.
Optical drive is first in the boot order. The PC simply comes up to the message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
So far I have done all this ...
1) I push the button on the front of the CD and the try will not open. Initially I got a light on the front (LED) but not now.
2) shut down the PC, opened the drive with a paperclip, put in the Win7 disk and turned on the PC ... drive wont close even if I push the button ... disk won't load even if I hit enter
3) repeat step 1 but while the pc is off close the CD tray ... same result
4) tried every SATA connection from the PSU ... two cables with two connectors each ... each time I change the connections I verified the drives appear correctly in bios
5) swapped the SATA data cable with the drives ... no difference
6) tried all 4 SATA connections on the mobo ... no difference
7) tried another drive (an HP DVD 1260) ... no difference