> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> news:4276c524@dnews.tpgi.com.au
>> *does a little happy dance*
>>

>> Ok, well I've said my bit.
>>

>> Me excited, no?
>>

>> (yay!)
>
> hm. Maybe. Little bit :)
> McG.

Likewise... I think I shall have to wait a little longer before getting
excited about it; I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much - I did that
with AOD and then look what happened :(

Kieran

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> *does a little happy dance*
>>>

>>> Ok, well I've said my bit.
>>>

>>> Me excited, no?
>>>

>>> (yay!)
>>
>> hm. Maybe. Little bit :)
>> McG.
>>

> Likewise... I think I shall have to wait a little longer before
> getting excited about it; I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much
> - I did that with AOD and then look what happened :(
>
> Kieran

Well, if they at least give us what we can see already, that might be as
good as TR4. At least you can control Lara in TR4! But she's a mess in
AoD :eek:\
McG.

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> *does a little happy dance*
>

> Ok, well I've said my bit.
>

> Me excited, no?
>

> (yay!)

Huh? Who? What? Who's excited?? Certainly not DC. ;)

Well, maybe just a wee little bit.

WY

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > *does a little happy dance*
> >

> > Ok, well I've said my bit.
> >

> > Me excited, no?
> >

> > (yay!)
>
> hm. Maybe. Little bit :)
> McG.

Cautious, extremely cautious optimism perhaps? Of course, all we've got to
go on is a small but chunky trailer, a few screenshots and the exact same
press release designed to get us all excited about the new Lara.

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> *does a little happy dance*
>>>

>>> Ok, well I've said my bit.
>>>

>>> Me excited, no?
>>>

>>> (yay!)
>>
>> hm. Maybe. Little bit :)
>> McG.
>>

> Cautious, extremely cautious optimism perhaps? Of course, all we've
> got to go on is a small but chunky trailer, a few screenshots and the
> exact same press release designed to get us all excited about the new
> Lara.

So when's the release? I already know I'm going to buy it if it's for
the PC and has Lara Croft on it anywhere :)
McG.

"W. Y." <yeomy@BLAHBLAHBLAH.singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > *does a little happy dance*
> >

> > Ok, well I've said my bit.
> >

> > Me excited, no?
> >

> > (yay!)
> >

> Huh? Who? What? Who's excited?? Certainly not DC. ;)
>
> Well, maybe just a wee little bit.
>
> WY

lol...yeah, only a little bit.

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Mean Marine was heard, at
about 05/03/2005 11:40 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>
>>"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

>>And, because of that, I'm quite annoyed that CD just dumped the storyline
>>that was being fostered (however poorly) in AoD. Sure, it was a bad
>>game...but I think we still deserve some explanation for how that story
>>fits
>>in with the next. Remember, AoD was meant to begin answering our questions
>>about Lara since her entombment in The Last Revelation. I hope that Legend
>>will at least honour the storyline from that game.
>>

> Perhaps like in the 80's with the t.v. show Dallas one whole season was
> explained as being a dream, they will say that AoD was a dream also. (more
> like a nightmare).
> Mean Marine
> "lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way."

lol! Yes, a nightmare.
One that woke every one of us up out of a sound sleep!

---
PW

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Game Spot has release date at 11/01/05

http://www.gamespot.com/finder/findgames.html

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message

> >> hm. Maybe. Little bit :)
> >> McG.
> >>

> > Cautious, extremely cautious optimism perhaps? Of course, all we've
> > got to go on is a small but chunky trailer, a few screenshots and the
> > exact same press release designed to get us all excited about the new
> > Lara.
>
> So when's the release? I already know I'm going to buy it if it's for
> the PC and has Lara Croft on it anywhere :)
> McG.

How's this for the best release date ever?

The financial Year 2006! That is, somewhere between July 1 2005 and June 30
2006.

It's so narrow! I just know my local EB will be taken pre-orders right now!

*Warning! Your newspost has been infected with Sarcasm! Recommend cleaning
immediately!*

My personal favourite site for all things tomby is

www.tombnews.com

On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:26:04 +1000: "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry>
posted:

>*does a little happy dance*
>

>Ok, well I've said my bit.
>

>Me excited, no?
>

>(yay!)

yes, i see what you mean - me too.

<pictures hisselluf doing wild dances in sync with DC>

Wishing Well,

Fred

George wrote:
> Game Spot has release date at 11/01/05
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/finder/findgames.html

Yeah, but you'll notice they've said two things.

Top Cow (producers of the comic) said 'Summer 2005' several months ago.
Gamespot only say 'Fall'. So who really knows when? I wouldn't trust
Gamespot with that release date. And you'll also notice that November
false Bang! almost in the middle of the FY2006.

If I were...anyone, I would NOT worry or get concerned with release
dates. I personally really don't mind, and I think for the first time
ever, in relation to any game I've really wanted to play, I'd really
prefer they forever and made a good game.

Most of the probs with AoD were due to its rushed production and far
too early release date. Don't get me started on that again! For once, I
really would rather wait than have a p***-poor game.

But that's just me.

Dragoncarer wrote:
> You may detest AoD for its sheer...shoddiness (I certainly do) but you also
> simply have to respect the fact that it's a TR game, and that it's about
> Lara. Or at least, that's what I think.

one word: fatElvis :)

> And, because of that, I'm quite annoyed that CD just dumped the storyline
> that was being fostered (however poorly) in AoD. Sure, it was a bad
> game...but I think we still deserve some explanation for how that story fits
> in with the next. Remember, AoD was meant to begin answering our questions
> about Lara since her entombment in The Last Revelation. I hope that Legend
> will at least honour the storyline from that game.

we didn't hear anything about story line yet - or did I miss it? The
website says it's back to tombs but that's it. Is there more info on
story available somewhere?

erik

"Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> > You may detest AoD for its sheer...shoddiness (I certainly do) but you
also
> > simply have to respect the fact that it's a TR game, and that it's about
> > Lara. Or at least, that's what I think.
>
> one word: fatElvis :)
>
> > And, because of that, I'm quite annoyed that CD just dumped the
storyline
> > that was being fostered (however poorly) in AoD. Sure, it was a bad
> > game...but I think we still deserve some explanation for how that story
fits
> > in with the next. Remember, AoD was meant to begin answering our
questions
> > about Lara since her entombment in The Last Revelation. I hope that
Legend
> > will at least honour the storyline from that game.
>
> we didn't hear anything about story line yet - or did I miss it? The
> website says it's back to tombs but that's it. Is there more info on
> story available somewhere?
>
> erik

From previous news about TR7 (see www.tombnews.com for old news) I got the
distinct *impression* that the Periapt shard story would be inherited. I may
be wrong. I sincerely hope I'm not.
I just got the *impresion* that Eidos were unbelievably pissed about AoD,
and instructed CD to start from scratch. Everything else is, so why not the
story?

Anyway, time will tell.
It's just the agony aunt in me i guess.

> "Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>> You may detest AoD for its sheer...shoddiness (I certainly do) but
>>> you also simply have to respect the fact that it's a TR game, and
>>> that it's about Lara. Or at least, that's what I think.
>>
>> one word: fatElvis :)
>>
>>> And, because of that, I'm quite annoyed that CD just dumped the
>>> storyline that was being fostered (however poorly) in AoD. Sure, it
>>> was a bad game...but I think we still deserve some explanation for
>>> how that story fits in with the next. Remember, AoD was meant to
>>> begin answering our questions about Lara since her entombment in
>>> The Last Revelation. I hope that Legend will at least honour the
>>> storyline from that game.
>>
>> we didn't hear anything about story line yet - or did I miss it?
>> The website says it's back to tombs but that's it. Is there more
>> info on story available somewhere?
>>
>> erik
>
> From previous news about TR7 (see www.tombnews.com for old news) I
> got the distinct *impression* that the Periapt shard story would be
> inherited. I may be wrong. I sincerely hope I'm not.
> I just got the *impresion* that Eidos were unbelievably pissed about
> AoD, and instructed CD to start from scratch. Everything else is, so
> why not the story?
>
> Anyway, time will tell.
> It's just the agony aunt in me i guess.

And, Toby Gard is working with CD on it :)
McG.