Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need another place to plug in a fan....

Last response: in Components
August 20, 2010 8:44:54 PM

I currently have 3 fans pluged in my computer with a 4th that id like to put in but no where to put it. My motherboard only has 3 slots for fans (or 4 if you cant the one for the cpu fan) the fan im trying to put in is this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

its got the 3 pin for the motherboard and 4 pin molex connector i beleive its called. I have no idea where i could plug in the the molex connector tho. i have a couple items that came with my computer that plug into my atx power connectors and than allow for a molex connection but none of those are open in my computer. So im kinda at a loss here and dont know what to do. any help would be appreciated

More about : place plug fan

August 20, 2010 9:15:54 PM

you can daisy chain molex connectors from your psu
Score
Related resources
August 21, 2010 12:22:08 AM

what do you mean daisy chain?

and my computer doesnt really have the best of airflow it seems. I mainly cant seem to keep my crossfire 5770s cool enough.
Score
August 21, 2010 1:30:07 PM

1014++\$#~`!!!_|_({-[...WATER_COOLING...]-})_|_!!!`~#$/++1014
Score
August 21, 2010 3:29:30 PM

thecrimzon said:
what do you mean daisy chain?

and my computer doesnt really have the best of airflow it seems. I mainly cant seem to keep my crossfire 5770s cool enough.

daisy chaining molex connectors just means connecting a bunch of them off of the same molex connector from the psu.
Score
a b V Motherboard
August 21, 2010 3:40:33 PM

p4nz3rm4d said:
1014++\$#~`!!!_|_({-[...WATER_COOLING...]-})_|_!!!`~#$/++1014

A well structured and inciteful argument for watercooling there from P4nz3r,
but if we consider some people cant get £5 together for a fan, let alone a watercooling set up or that they cant be on with the upkeep it requires, then the argument falls apart.
The Op came here for help, not to have someone throw a tantrum on him,
Sounds like you need something from this page,
http://www.thefind.com/computers/browse-molex-splitter
Hope this helps
Moto
Score
a b V Motherboard
May 13, 2011 10:32:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!