Tomb Raider Overall Time Quest

Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2005 11:29:39 PM

Greetings.

Some of y'all know about my attempt to track how much time it took for
me to do the entire Tomb Raider Series, from the beginning of TR-1 all
the way to the end of TR-6 (and soon to add TR-7 to the mix.)

Well, I finally found my copy of TR-3A: The Lost Artifact.

Time to complete the adventure: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 27 seconds.

Current overall Tomb Raider Time: 4 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 32
seconds.

Sadly, I'm still unable to figure out how to load up TR-1A: Unfinished
Business onto XP and get that special program to work for it (I'm sure
y'all will remember which one that is), so this is still going to be an
unfinished work; but that's where we stand.

More about : tomb raider time quest

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:42:25 AM

"Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> Some of y'all know about my attempt to track how much time it took for
> me to do the entire Tomb Raider Series, from the beginning of TR-1 all
> the way to the end of TR-6 (and soon to add TR-7 to the mix.)
>
> Well, I finally found my copy of TR-3A: The Lost Artifact.
>
> Time to complete the adventure: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 27 seconds.
>
> Current overall Tomb Raider Time: 4 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 32
> seconds.
>
> Sadly, I'm still unable to figure out how to load up TR-1A:
> Unfinished Business onto XP and get that special program to work for
> it (I'm sure y'all will remember which one that is), so this is still
> going to be an unfinished work; but that's where we stand.

THAT one, TR UB, will be installed in its own folder with its own
TOMB.EXE. You know which .EXE it has to be. Set up to launch as two
seperate games in that prog. See if that works, as the TR1 does work?
McG.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 11:30:06 AM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
about 05/02/2005 10:42 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>Greetings.
>>
>>Some of y'all know about my attempt to track how much time it took for
>>me to do the entire Tomb Raider Series, from the beginning of TR-1 all
>>the way to the end of TR-6 (and soon to add TR-7 to the mix.)
>>
>>Well, I finally found my copy of TR-3A: The Lost Artifact.
>>
>>Time to complete the adventure: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 27 seconds.
>>
>>Current overall Tomb Raider Time: 4 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 32
>>seconds.
>>
>>Sadly, I'm still unable to figure out how to load up TR-1A:
>>Unfinished Business onto XP and get that special program to work for
>>it (I'm sure y'all will remember which one that is), so this is still
>>going to be an unfinished work; but that's where we stand.
>

> THAT one, TR UB, will be installed in its own folder with its own
> TOMB.EXE. You know which .EXE it has to be. Set up to launch as two
> seperate games in that prog. See if that works, as the TR1 does work?
> McG.

My TRUB is in the *same* directory as TR1 (C:\tombraid). GliDOS starts
it up. But again it has to be the *Glide* version of TRUB ... at least
I'm pretty sure :/

Yep, just double checked ...
original TRUB.exe is 748.1 K dated Mon Feb 16 1998
glide TRUB.exe is 847.2 K dated Tue Mar 17 1998
:)

---
PW
May 4, 2005 2:25:41 AM

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
> about 05/02/2005 10:42 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
>> "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Greetings.
>>>
>>> Some of y'all know about my attempt to track how much time it took
>>> for me to do the entire Tomb Raider Series, from the beginning of
>>> TR-1 all the way to the end of TR-6 (and soon to add TR-7 to the
>>> mix.) Well, I finally found my copy of TR-3A: The Lost Artifact.
>>>
>>> Time to complete the adventure: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 27 seconds.
>>>
>>> Current overall Tomb Raider Time: 4 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 32
>>> seconds.
>>>
>>> Sadly, I'm still unable to figure out how to load up TR-1A:
>>> Unfinished Business onto XP and get that special program to work for
>>> it (I'm sure y'all will remember which one that is), so this is
>>> still going to be an unfinished work; but that's where we stand.
>>

>> THAT one, TR UB, will be installed in its own folder with its own
>> TOMB.EXE. You know which .EXE it has to be. Set up to launch as two
>> seperate games in that prog. See if that works, as the TR1 does
>> work? McG.
>>

> My TRUB is in the *same* directory as TR1 (C:\tombraid). GliDOS
> starts it up. But again it has to be the *Glide* version of TRUB ...
> at least I'm pretty sure :/
>
> Yep, just double checked ...
> original TRUB.exe is 748.1 K dated Mon Feb 16 1998
> glide TRUB.exe is 847.2 K dated Tue Mar 17 1998
> :)
>
> ---
> PW

Thanks for that PW :)
McG.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:01:23 PM

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings.
> >
> > Some of y'all know about my attempt to track how much time it took
for
> > me to do the entire Tomb Raider Series, from the beginning of TR-1
all
> > the way to the end of TR-6 (and soon to add TR-7 to the mix.)
> >
> > Well, I finally found my copy of TR-3A: The Lost Artifact.
> >
> > Time to complete the adventure: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 27 seconds.
> >
> > Current overall Tomb Raider Time: 4 days, 14 hours, 11 minutes, 32
> > seconds.
> >
> > Sadly, I'm still unable to figure out how to load up TR-1A:
> > Unfinished Business onto XP and get that special program to work
for
> > it (I'm sure y'all will remember which one that is), so this is
still
> > going to be an unfinished work; but that's where we stand.
>
> THAT one, TR UB, will be installed in its own folder with its own
> TOMB.EXE. You know which .EXE it has to be. Set up to launch as two

> seperate games in that prog. See if that works, as the TR1 does
work?
> McG.

Yep, I did get that to work (after some assistance). I'll make a note
of this. >scribble-scribble-scribble<
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:13:21 PM

Well, I'll be damned. It's working!

Unfortunately, no sound. I forget how that goes.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:21:35 PM

I think I have that somewhere on my computer. I'll have to hunt it
down.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:36:31 PM

Okay, I definitely have it, but how do I get it to work right? I tell
it to run TRUB on VDMS and it locks up.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:45:12 AM

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Okay, I definitely have it, but how do I get it to work right? I
tell
> > it to run TRUB on VDMS and it locks up.
>
> You have to run VDMS first, by itself. You also have to set the
> paramaters according to the readme, you are running XP right?

That be de one. :-)
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 3:17:27 AM

> Well, I'll be damned. It's working!
>
> Unfortunately, no sound. I forget how that goes.

find the free to use Vlads VDMSound, you can get it from that other site
actually :)
McG.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 4:48:55 AM