Help installing haf 932 with rampage 3 extreme

cbcteaser2

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
hello i have the haf 932 case and the rampage 3 extreme motherboard i cant figure out where on the motherboard to put the 2 usb cables from the case or the hd audio cable. please help! lol thanks

Solution
G
Hi there,

Your solutions is to buy a NZXT INTERNAL USB EXPANSION (IU01) Kit.

I've recently bought a Rampage III Extreme and a Cooler Master 932 HAF, it was a bit late to realise that there were only 1 USB connector on the motherboard and two connectors for the case.

Did some research on the internet and found the NZXT INTERNAL USB EXPANSION (IU01) product.

It's basically an extension board, which allows you to plug in 3 USB 2.0 connectors and 2 USB ports and one single USB connector that plugs to your motherboard's front panel USB connector.

Have a look on the internet and you'll see what I mean, there are all the required parts in the kit and works like a charm.

Currenlt running a Rampage 3 Extreme with a 932 HAF casing and...

cbcteaser2

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
i have a total of 3 usb cords 6 usb. the card you listed would work great but it only has 1 spot i need 2. the 1 on the motherboard and 2 more i cant find any cards with 2 so unless you know of one i guess im out of luck. thanks for all the help :)

That one has two internal headers. If I'm not mistaken, the case has a total of 4 USB ports (and some others). Each header can support two USB ports, so with the motherboard, you should have support for a total of 6 ports, which is more than the case has.

cbcteaser2

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
yes the case has 4 usb and i have an all in one media reader with 2 usb.
the card you listed has images and i can only see 1 header if it has two it is exactly what i need but i only see 1

Did you plug in the supplied pci expansion card for the usb? blue plug?
I found this as well, clearly points out your usb headers
layout.jpg

Moto

cbcteaser2

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
i have the coolermaster haf 932 case it has 4 usb ports with two 9 pin usb cords 2 port per cord i have a rosewill card reader it has 2 usb ports with one 9 pin usb cord the rampage 3 motherboard has only one 9 pin usb header i need 2 more 9 pin usb headers.

Ok, I'm seeing two usb headers on the picture above, Personally I would plug the card reader into one of those and decide which of the two usb's on the case I didnt need as much, and plug in the one that I would want more.
One case usb
Card reader
One case usb,not plugged in
I cant see any other way around the problem sorry man
Moto

G

Hi there,

Your solutions is to buy a NZXT INTERNAL USB EXPANSION (IU01) Kit.

I've recently bought a Rampage III Extreme and a Cooler Master 932 HAF, it was a bit late to realise that there were only 1 USB connector on the motherboard and two connectors for the case.

Did some research on the internet and found the NZXT INTERNAL USB EXPANSION (IU01) product.

It's basically an extension board, which allows you to plug in 3 USB 2.0 connectors and 2 USB ports and one single USB connector that plugs to your motherboard's front panel USB connector.

Have a look on the internet and you'll see what I mean, there are all the required parts in the kit and works like a charm.

Currenlt running a Rampage 3 Extreme with a 932 HAF casing and having all my front panel ports connected and working.

:)

Cheers

Solution